TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chandrababu Naidu Meets Mamata Banerjee: Efforts For Anti-BJP Front
- Oppo India: Teases New Smartphone Range
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Anushka Sharma: Unveils Her Madame Tussauds Wax Statue!
- Healthy Ways To Improve Your Daily Tea
- Latest Lowest Personal Loan Interest Rates
- Five Reasons To Visit Bum La Pass This Winter
- How Dovizioso won a red-flagged Race!
The Indian Premier League (IPL) 5 season is creating lot of enthusiasm among people. Not only them, even the application developers are announcing new apps for the smartphone users. Most of these applications are quite useful and helpful for the consumers. But some others are exploiting the users and trying to steal their confidential information from their devices.
While we are surfing the internet for IPL 2012 apps, we encounter many such applications. All of them claim that they offer live streaming of the matches and live score updates. But practically, these apps are fake ones that are loaded with permissions. When users accept for these permissions, they indirectly approve the developers permission to access their precious data.
Two such applications in Google Play have been found. These claim that they offer live streaming but they don't do what they ought to. They include permissions to to access the messages and phone book. It allows the applications to start soon as the device is on. The developers could not be contacted as the website address they mentioned were not valid.
These two are not the only ones as there are many such in the Google Play Store for Android. Be careful and don't accept whatever comes in the way.