- 2 hrs ago How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- 4 hrs ago Redmi K20 Pro Vs OnePlus 6T: Which Is The Best Smartphone Under Rs. 30,000 In India?
- 5 hrs ago OnePlus 7 Vs OnePlus 7 Pro – Which One Should You Buy?
- 14 hrs ago Airtel Upgrades 4G Network In J&K: Here Are The Details
- Movies Sunny Deol: Shahrukh Khan Was SCARED Of Me Because He Was Wrong; Didn't Talk To Him For 16 Years
- News Bihar: 84 children die within 2 weeks due to acute Encephalitis in Muzaffarpur
- Sports Rumour Has It: Bayern offer Bale escape from Madrid
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Instagram Stories to get ‘Type’ and screenshot notification features
Another Snapchat feature is on its way to Instagram Stories and it is the Type feature that lets user post text on colorful backdrops as stories.
Instagram is known for mimicking Snapchat by introducing features those are seen in the latter in its own platform. Now it looks like another Snapchat feature is also on its way to Instagram. And, the talk is about the 'Type' feature to Stories that lets users post Instagram Stories without photos or videos and only text. This feature is said to be under testing and that it will be rolled out to all the users globally in the coming weeks.
According to The Next Web that spotted to this feature, the new 'Type' feature that is under testing will let users share text messages as Stories. This feature was initially spotted in December 2017 in Japan and now it is likely being tested within a select group of users in Europe.
Type feature in Stories
It is said that this feature appears as a separate option at the bottom of the Stories camera along with other options such as Live and Boomerang. On choosing Type from there, users can write the desired text and choose one from the many options for the background color and fancy fonts.
If needed, users can add an image or click a photo and use it as the background. Instagram will apply a gradient filter to this photo in order to make it easier to read the text. The feature is not different from what we have seen already on Instagram and it is similar to the text status that is seen on Whatsapp and Facebook with colorful backdrops.
Screenshot notification is also under testing
Going by WABetaInfo that has come up with an extensive report on the Type feature, another feature is also under testing. The report points out that Instagram is testing another feature called 'screenshot notifications'. Some users are said to see a new alert pop up after capturing a screenshot saying, "The next time you take a screenshot of a story, the person who posted it will be notified".
Again, this feature is also inspired by Snapchat. The first time a user is capturing a screenshot of a friend's story, this pop up will emerge. The second time, the person who posted the Story will be notified. Already, Instagram sends screenshot alerts for the direct messages, so it is not surprising to see the same make its way to Stories.