- 59 min ago ARM breaks up with Huawei: Is this the end of Huawei?
- 2 hrs ago Redmi Note 7S vs other budget smartphones available in India
- 6 hrs ago ZTE launches super affordable ZTE Blade A5 2019 with an 8 MP selfie camera
- 7 hrs ago Jabra launched Elite 85h headphones in India: Price, specification & more
- News Asif Ali Zardari gets interim bail in corruption case
- Sports England have no margin for error at World Cup, warns Stokes
- Lifestyle 10 Effective Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure Hypotension
- Automobiles Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2019 — Hero MotoCorp Receives Stiff Competition From Honda
- Movies Harshad Chopda & Jennifer Winget Reveal Their Relationship Status & What they Hate About Each Other!
- Education TS Inter Re-verification Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On May 27
- Finance Air India To Add Flights To Domestic And International Routes In June
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Spot Nearby Free, Public Wi-Fi Access Points Using Facebook and Save Data
Facebook now rolls out a new "Wi-Fi discovery" feature for users helping them to spot the nearby public Wi-Fi point and save a large amount of data.
The most used social networking site has always been dedicated to connect users with friends, family, and people across the world. Facebook has always been keen towards testing features to connect people in a much better manner.
Facebook has rolled out a new feature for its users called "Wi-Fi discovery", which allows the users to spot the nearby free and public Wi-Fi access points with which the users can surely save a lot of mobile data.
A report by VentureBeat asserts that speaking to the social networking site, a spokesperson shared that they have introduced the feature to help users stay better connected to their friends by displaying the open Wi-Fi networks associated with nearby places.
#1 Update the Facebook App
The first thing that the user is required to do is update their Facebook app, which will bring about the new feature on their app.
#2 Enable Find Wi-Fi Option
After you have successfully updated the app, all that the user should do is go to settings on the Facebook app, and scroll down to the "Find Wi-Fi" option in the list and enable the option.
#3 Ensure the GPS of Your Smartphone is Enabled
The GPS of your phone should be ON for the feature to work accurately, and so Facebook can display better search results in finding the nearby Wi-Fi access points.
#4 List of the Nearby Wi-Fi Points Will Be Displayed
After enabling the option, Facebook will display a list of Wi-Fi access points along with the distance and the map direction to the point. Using this feature, people can use more of the free Wi-Fi and save their mobile data.