- 57 min ago Realme GT Neo 5 Tipped To Arrive With 240W Fast Charging: Everything We Know So Far
- 1 hr ago Google Testing End-to-End Encryption For Group Messages; Emoji Support Also Expected
- 2 hrs ago James Webb Chronicles Its Best Pillars Of Creation Image Yet
- 2 hrs ago Vanilla Apple iPhone 15 Could Get Dynamic Island, 48MP Camera: What Else To Expect?
- Sports ICC Under-19 T20 World Cup: Shafali Verma to lead India, dashing opener to captain against SA too
- Education SSC CHSL 2022 Application Process Starts Tomorrow; Check Details here
- Movies SSMB 28: Superstar Mahesh Babu-Trivikram Srinivas' Upcoming Film's Music Sessions Begin In Dubai!
- Finance Motilal Oswal Dec 5 Picks: 5 Stocks That Can Rally Up To 67%, Buy
- News Days after Mann claims arrest, Goldy Brar appears on YouTube to deny the news
- Automobiles Honda Almost Becomes Largest Two-Wheeler Manufacturer In India – Hero Sales Plummet
- Lifestyle Somnath Temple In Junagadh: History, Legend And Best Time To Visit
- Travel Indian Dentist Set A World Record For The Fastest Travel On Foot From Leh To Manali, Read About Mahendra Mah
Top 10 Most Popular Apps In 2020
We are very close to end the 2020, where most of us spent more than half of this year in lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Everything from business to corporate work has now become online based as we are all stuck in our homes. At that time mobile applications have helped as a companion. From healthcare to groceries or any entertainment apps have witnessed of immense popularity in 2020.
Even the usage of digital payment applications such as Google Pay, Paytm, PhonePe have skyrocketed. On the other hand, the entertainment apps including short video sharing app, social media apps have also gained lots of popularity. Without further ado, here we are enlisting the 10 most popular apps in 2020 and we are relatively familiar with most of these applications.
TikTok is a popular Chinese short video sharing app owned by ByteDance and after merging with musical.ly in August 2018 the number of users further increased. The app has benefited surged in popularity globally especially during the lockdown period. The app keeps us engaged with entertainment and it was also a way of earning for many people in India. Though the app is now banned in several countries including India, it has also topped the list of most downloaded apps in 2020.
Instagram is another popular photo-sharing app, owned by Facebook. Instagram is now on top of all social media platforms, beating Facebook and Twitter. In addition to entertainment, it is the first choice for content creators to showcase their talent. Instagram is one of the platforms which help you to promote your brand or business. Also, the app has introduced a slew of features on its platform this year.
Instagram Reels is one of these that launch as a rival to TikTok and it has witnessed immense popularity after banning of TikTok which allow users to share video, songs on the platform.
Zoom is now one of the most used apps and its demand has increased significantly in the past 6 months. To prevent the Coronavirus and maintain social distance around the world, the official work, study everything is now dependent on this Zoom. As of April 2020, Zoom had surpassed over 300 million daily participants.
As of July 2020, WhatsApp has topped the list as the most popular global mobile messaging app of 2020 with a whopping over 2 billion downloads. Although many are not active users on Facebook, Instagram, everyone is familiar with WhatsApp. Greeting your close on any occasion or share emergency docks, with everything, WhatsApp has now become credible to people.
Netflix is a subscription-based over the top (OTT) content platform where you can watch movies, series, and more. Netflix has topped the list of video streaming platforms and the number of users has increased significantly especially due to the pandemic. As of April 2020, Netflix had over 183 million paid users worldwide.
Facebook offers users an easy way to connect with people worldwide. Due to the lockdown business has also become online-based and you can now sell your products directly through Facebook live.
Amazon is one of the most used apps in 2020 in addition to giving us a variety of services it also offers users to grow their business via its 'Amazon Seller'. Amazon Prime video, which is an alternative to Netflix, is also a popular video streaming platform worldwide. Besides, ‘Amazon Pantry' also helps us to provide groceries, household products easily.
The alternative to Zoom, Google Meet is also the world's leading on-demand video conferencing app. It has also witnessed lots of popularity due to the pandemic as everything has shifted to home.
Facebook Messenger is a popular messaging app alternative to WhatsApp, Instagram that has also a large user base around the world. Also, Facebook has recently introduced some new features including vanish mode, watch together, chat theme on its Messenger.
YouTube is the second-most visited platform in the world and favourite video-sharing platform for all content creators which helps to showcases their talent to the world. In addition to the above apps, there are many more mobile applications such as food service apps, cabs that have made our daily lives easier.