- 1 hr ago Realme Pad Review: Best Tablet In The Sub-20K Price-Point?
- 1 hr ago Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE India Launch Scheduled For September 29; Company Confirms
- 2 hrs ago Xiaomi Notebook Ultra Review: Gets All The Ticks
- 2 hrs ago Realme C25Y With 50MP Triple Cameras Launched In India: Specs, Price & Sale Date
- News Rahul Gandhi pays last respects to Oscar Fernandes, calls him 'true soldier' of Congress
- Sports Kohli to step down as T20I skipper: Highlights of Virat's T20I captaincy
- Movies Bigg Boss OTT: Shamita Shetty Responds On The Allegation Of Raqesh Bapat Being Her ‘Sidekick’
- Finance Air Traffic Increases 34% MoM In August
- Automobiles Mahindra XUV700 Will Be Available In Five Different Colours; Pricing Starts From Rs 11.99 Lakh
- Travel Awesome Beaches In India To Visit This Winter
- Lifestyle Don’t Throw Away The Peel Of These Fruits And Vegetables, They Have Benefits And Other Uses Too
- Education Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Date, History, Significance And All You Need To Know
What Makes e-RUPI Different From Other Payment Platforms? Steps To Download, Use e-RUPI
Prime Minister Modi introduced e-RUPI, which is a digital payments platform. Today, we have plethora of such digital payment platforms - Paytm, PhonePe, Google Pay, and WhatsApp Pay to name a few. However, several aspects make e-RUPI stand out from the crowd. Here's everything you need to know about e-RUPI and how to download and use it.
What Makes e-RUPI Different From Other Platforms?
e-RUPI is a one-stop solution for stopping leakages in government welfare schemes. The one-time payment mechanism aims to ensure that the welfare schemes reach beneficiaries without any leakages in-between. The e-RUPI platform makes use of a QR code or SMS that appears on the beneficiary's mobile phone, which completely stops the misuse.
The Indian government says e-RUPI is the safest platform for any pre-paid transactions, surpassing the need for physical interface or third-party involvement. PM Modi says e-RUPI is a "revolutionary initiative" and will reform the digital payments services in the country. One of the prominent features of e-RUPI is its timely nature, ensuring beneficiaries get the benefits without any intermediary.
What Is e-RUPI Voucher And How To Get It?
The new digital payment platform makes use of the e-RUPI voucher, which can be used for various governmental services. For instance, an e-RUPI voucher can be used for health services and can also be gifted to someone in need. Developed by NPCI, the e-RUPI voucher can be used to avail benefits of Ayushmaan Bharat Yojana and other government schemes.
That's not all. The e-RUPI voucher can be used for several other purposes as well. For instance, you can get a COVID vaccine slot and gift it to someone via an e-RUPI voucher. One can even track the status of the voucher and ensure it's being used rightfully. The e-RUPI vouchers can be sent to anyone's mobile number in the form of SMS or QR code, which can be used for availing benefits.
Digital technology is transforming lives in a major way and is furthering ‘Ease of Living.’ At 4:30 PM tomorrow, 2nd August, will launch e-RUPI, a futuristic digital payment solution which offers several benefits for its users. https://t.co/UpLgtBl1K3— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) August 1, 2021
How To Download e-RUPI App?
All government schemes beneficiaries can now access e-RUPI for seamless transactions. Here's how to download the e-RUPI app:
Step 1: Open Google Play and search for the e-RUPI app. The app isn't available on the App Store yet.
Step 2: Download the e-RUPI app from Google Play and let it install.
Step 3: Once done, you need to enter the e-RUPI voucher granted by the government.
The steps to use e-RUPI are further explained below
How To Use e-RUPI App?
The e-RUPI transactions happen via digital voucher transactions. These vouchers are generated by the respective government scheme and will directly reach the beneficiary via SMS or a QR code. Here's how to use the e-RUPI app:
Step 1: Download and install the e-RUPI app from Google Play
Step 2: If you're a beneficiary of any government scheme, you will get an e-RUPI voucher, which is a digital voucher.
Step 3: Once you open the e-RUPI app, you can find the e-RUPI voucher, which can be claimed for various government services.