- News Modi meets Venkaiah Naidu ahead of first visit to Gujarat after poll victory
- Movies India's Most Wanted SECOND DAY Box Office Collection: Arjun Kapoor's Film Continues To Crawl!
- Sports Warriors' Iguodala considering retirement
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Automobiles Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
WhatsApp is Testing a New Feature Called 'Status', Similar to Instagram Stories!
Facebook-owned WhatsApp is testing a new feature called 'Status', which is almost similar to the Instagram and Snap Stories. Here's what you get from the new feature.
WhatsApp is currently testing a new beta feature in its Android application. The feature adds a new tab in the home screen as 'Status'. In a recent update, the company also added a new camera tab beside the calls tab to quickly jump into the camera and capture photos.
The new 'Status' tab allows users to share a particular story, which is same as the Instagram stories. It seems like Facebook wants the Snap story to feature on all of its products.
The social network giant first introduced the feature in its Messenger app as 'Messenger Day' and later on they made it available to Instagram as 'Instagram Stories'. And, now the same feature is being tested in WhatsApp as well.
On entering the new 'Status' tab, you will be asked to add a new status where you can add a picture or write a text to share it with all of your friends. We are still confused whether the status updates are deleted after a particular time or now. Also, there is no time limit to post the status updates.
Many people will be wondering whether this is the new status screen to change or delete the status. But the already existing status screen is still present in the settings menu to change and delete your status.
WhatsApp is still testing the feature, but the feature will be live in coming weeks. However, there are some rumors saying that the feature is already live for WhatsApp Beta Android users, but we haven't received the feature yet.