- Sports ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli 'walks' out, fumes in dressing room as replays suggest he was not out
- News J&K: 'Braveheart' cop who was injured in June 12 Anantnag terrorist attack dies
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Flipboard Now Lets You Create Magazine Style Shopping Catalogs
Flipboard, a popular social magazine app for iOS and Android, is expanding into the mobile commerce domain with a new shopping catalogs category. Released on Monday, the app will allow users to display their gift wish lists and highlight their favorite products in a catalog-like format.
"Time to think about gifts, wishlists and holiday plans - so it's a good thing that today marks the official launch of shopping on Flipboard," the Flipboard team wrote in a blog post Monday. "Now you can discover, collect and buy products via Flipboard and create your own catalogs."
So how do you get started with making your own catalog on Flipboard? Simple. Install the 'flip-it" button on your browser bar. Users who already have it will be asked to upgrade to the new shopping-enabled bookmarklet.
"Using the bookmarklet, you can add products from virtually any retail site on the Web into your magazine," Flipboard explained. You'll notice that most products will display a price, thereby indicating to readers that it's available for purchase. Your readers can then tap the product and will be directed to its original website so that they can make the purchase.
After you've found an item on the Web that you want to add to your catalog, all you have to do is select text on the page and it will instantly be included with the product on Flipbard. If the price is missing, then you can add one. Simply select a category (like kids, sports, women), and a relevant image before adding the product to one of your existing or new catalogs. After this step, users can re-arrange items in their catalog, and set a cover image.
The company will also be sharing new shopping magazines over Twitter every week.