TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Gmail App for Android Updated With Reply to Notification Option and More
Good news for Gmail and Android users alike, the search giant has launched a new version of Gmail for Android platform. The updated e-mail app will allow users running on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean or above to reply, archive or delete mails from the notifications, from a single tap and will not require them to go to the app to do so.
When you expand a notification, you will find a small box containing options to reply, archive, or delete a mail.
The update does not leave out users using older versions Android. Users using Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich or above, will get faster search result, both when in offline and online modes. Also the updated app will bring Bug fixes and minor performance improvements.
Users using Android 2.2 and above will get New Labels Application programming interface (API) for 3rd-party app developers along with performance improvements.
Andy Huang, Software Engineer at Google in a blog post said "You can combine this with existing notification features like the ability to customize which messages you receive notifications for and set up different sounds for individual labels. So if you filter and label all the messages from your mom, you could set a ringtone to let you know you received a new mail from her and then quickly reply (because we know what can happen when you ignore your mother!)."
The application is available for free download at Google Play Store.