TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Google Search App Aims to Replace Siri: Top Features Explained
Google has released a new voice search app which is widely considered as a stiff competitor to Apple’s Siri. This new app is compatible with iOS platform and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS. The new voice enabled search feature works a lot like Siri and will arrive as an enhancement to the Google search app for iPads and iPhones.
The compatibility with iOS
The fact that Siri is incompatible with some iPhone variations and iPads puts the app from Google on the driver’s seat. Voice based search support has been there for a couple of years but was not functionally rich to pose a threat to Siri. While the new developed version is lot more efficient compared to its previous releases. The app will speak out answers whenever there is a direct answer to the question asked. The app can give apt replies to queries like movies running in theatres, weather forecast and image searches. The advantage that Google’s app has over Siri is that it works on all iOS 4.2 based devices and above. Siri is limited to iPhone4S.
Working of new Voice search app
The app makes use of Google’s Knowledge graph for its functioning. Knowledge graph is a database with mapped connections between facts, concepts and ideas. The graph will help the app to understand the query and prepare an apt answer for the question asked. Google voice search has reached more Android users with the release of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. But the fact that it is limited to Jelly Bean users adds a shadow to the reach of the app.
Comparison with Siri
Comparison tests between Siri and Google’s voice based app has shown that Google’s app performs well while executing image searches and returning sports scores. Siri was found to be much more efficient with typing of messages and management of organizer functions like calendar.
Android users are expecting a more elaborate arrival of the app from Google with compatibility with older operating systems too. For the time being only Jelly Bean and iOS users can avail the benefits of this app.