TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
If you are a resident of India and you have a knack for developing Android apps, you wouldn't want to miss this one. Government of India is organizing a Android app development contest, as part of the m-Governance initiative. Mobile applications can be created under the following categories
Note: The Deadline for entries has been set to 31 March,2013.
Winners to be announced around 10 April, 2013. Qualifying applications will be posted on Mobile Seva Application Store, Indian government's Mobile Service Delivery Gateway. Also, Application coming in at first place, will win 1 Lack rupees, while second and third place will receive 50 and 25 thousand rupees, respectively.
The contest website says "Government of India,under the m-Governance initiative, is aiming to utilize the unparalleled reach of mobile phones and mobile applications for delivering public services.
Mobile Service Delivery Gateway,also known as Mobile Seva is an infrastructure created by C-DAC for this purpose.
In this direction,we are inviting individual developer to develop innovative mobile application on Android platform that can be used by citizen to avail public services.
Applications submitted will be evaluated by a jury process and the top 3 applications awarded during a National Workshop/Conference during April 2013. All qualified application will also be hosted on our Mobile Seva Application Store"
For more information about the contest click here. Best of luck!