TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
LG has launched Quick Voice, a voice driven virtual assistant for the Optimus phones. It is a rival to the Apple Siri. LG Quick Voice is an intelligent voice recognition software that is especially designed for the Android based Optimus lineup of phones like Optimus LTE 2 and Optimus Vu. These phones are expected to launch in June and July in India.
The new voice recognition software will be available in the upcoming Optimus smartphones. It will let the users interact with it through the voice commands for contacts, text, voice calls, calendar, alarms and other applications like weather, maps, web search and stocks.
Recently, the applications based on natural language processing and voice recognition are increasing. Initially, Apple introduced the Siri with the iPhone 4S in October 2011. It involves a natural language processor to interact with the users. Last month, Samsung launched S Voice with the Galaxy S3 smartphone. Now, LG has come up with its own voice assistant service for the Optimus smartphones. The only player left is HTC and it will not be a surprise to see the company launching its own virtual assistant service.
Google is also reported to be working on a natural language processing assistant called Project Majel. This software is expected to be launched sometime this year. Project Majel is sure to offer a stiff competition to the Apple Siri.
If you were willing to get the iPhone or Galaxy S3 only for the voice assistant software in them, you will have to think once again as LG will also be in the list.