TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Stranded In No Man’s Land; Probe On To Ascertain How 31 Rohingyas Crossed Over
- Double Digit Salary Hike This Year In India; Most In Asia
- Gigapixel And Terapixel Imaging — Explained
- India vs New Zealand — The Highs And Lows
- Maruti Ertiga To Come In A Luxury-Focussed 6-Seater Format — An Ideal Business Companion?
- PM Modi Reacts To Kartik Aaryan's 'Backfie' Photo!
- Hodal — Your Ultimate Guide To Haryana's Least Explored Part
- How To Cover Up A Tattoo With Make-up?
Ministry of External Affairs launched it's first ever mobile app on July 29. Dubbed as MEAIndia allow users to fill passport applications, pay application fee via credit/debit cards, take an appointment with the passport officer at the nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) and more.
Reports are coming in about the success of the app, MEAIndia has reportedly topped the charts of Apple App Store, within 24 hours time. The MeaIndia app, available for free download on the Apple and Android app stores.
Services Offerd By The App
Passport: You can apply for your passport through the app, Locate nearest Passport Seva Kendra, Download requisite forms, Calculate the fees and track your application status.
Consular Assistance: The app helps you find the Nearest Indian Mission/Post and establish contact with Indian officials there.
In case you are looking to travel abroad, MEAIndia can provide you information on the procedure that needs to be fallowed and helps you locate authorized agencies for attestation/apostille of your documents.
Visa: MEAIndia provides you useful information on Indian Visas as well as on visa requirements for Indians.
More Functions: You can also get updates on the activities of the Prime Minister Of India and ask questions directly to External Affairs Minister.