- 8 min ago How to get 1.5GB data per day for one year from Vodafone
- 23 min ago Adata launches HD710 Pro hard drive in India for Rs 4,693
- 38 min ago Realme assures two-year Android update cycle for all its smartphones
- 53 min ago Redmi Note 7S is official: The most-affordable 48 MP camera smartphone in India
- Movies De De Pyaar De Weekend Box Office Collection: Ajay Devgn's Film Earns This Much In 3 Days
- Finance Gold Prices Slump Amid A Stronger Rupee And Rising Equities
- Automobiles New Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.70 Lakh
- News BJP delegation meets EC, demands re-poll in violence hit constituencies of WB
- Lifestyle Parents Do Not Want Their Son To Touch Himself And They Installed CCTV
- Sports MotoGP analysis: How Marquez made history for Honda in France
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Google Datally app launched: Android users can now control and save mobile data and do more
Google's Datally app will allow users to track their data usage in real time, and get personalized recommendations on saving data along with notifications of public Wi-Fi spots available nearby.
Now you can better manage the usage of your mobile data. Well, Google has just launched a new app and it is specifically designed to help Android phone users understand, control and save on their expensive mobile data.
The app which has been named as Datally will allow users to track their data usage in real time, and get personalized recommendations on saving data along with notifications of public Wi-Fi spots available nearby.
"Mobile data is expensive for many people around the world. And what's worse, it's hard to figure out where it all goes. That's why we built Datally, an app that helps you to control, save more and do more with your data. We've been testing Datally in the Philippines for the past few months, and people are saving up to 30 percent on their data," Caesar Sengupta, Vice President, Next Billion Users, Google, said in a press note.
Datally is an initiative of Google's Next Billion Users division that aims to make Internet services more accessible even in countries with limited technology infrastructure. Besides, tests of the app were conducted in the Philippines and the results showed that Datally could help save users up to 30 percent on their data as per Google.
Besides, Datally helps users to do three things. First, it allows users to see data usage on an hourly, daily, weekly or monthly basis and get personalized recommendations for how they can save more. Secondly, it also helps users block background data usage and track real-time data usage while using each of the apps. "It's like a speedometer for your data," Google said. And lastly, Datally also tells users if they are near public Wi-Fi so that they can save on data.
While this app seems like a useful tool, it is globally available for download on the Google Play Store for all phones running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and higher.