- Apple Maps vs Google Maps: Features compared
- Android might no longer be free, warns Google
- Google Chrome OS Canary channel receives a new UI, smart text selection to follow soon
- Google Chrome ‘Heavy Page Capping’ will alert users of heavy-data websites
- Donald Trump grabs the first spot in Google's Image search result for 'Idiot'
- Google acknowledges camera issues on the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL
Google recently rolled out some important updates to the Maps app. The new update brings some significant changes including UI improvements, map sharing option and much more. With the Maps 9.1 update, Google has focused on its UI by removing unnecessary interface elements like the search bar or quick-launch for directions.
Here are all the new features that have been introduced in the new Google Maps update, have a look.
One of the most significant update in the new version is that it comes with simple UI and removes unnecessary elements while using the map view. Just a single tap on the map view will remove unnecessary interface elements like search bar, quick-launch for direction, and tapping the screen will again brings back all hidden fields.
The update brings in more organized and redesigned transit directions. The updated Maps app can show more route choices including real-time arrival information, wherever available.
Google introduces the ability to share your location on other apps using the Maps latest update. Google officially announced that it is also working on a sharing option for Maps, which will let users share location on Facebook and Facebook Messenger.
The new update also brings Google Photos integration, allowing users to edit the captions of geo-tagged photos directly from the Maps app.