- Lifestyle Rakulpreet's Latest Attire For A Movie Promotion Deserves All Your Attention
- News The Congress scored a 0 in these 16 states/UTs
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Automobiles Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
OnePlus Switch lets you transfer data to your new OnePlus device
OnePlus has added a new app called OnePlus Switch to the Google Play Store. The purpose of this app is to help you move the data on your old phone to your new OnePlus phone.
Such phone migration applications are not new to the market and there is a slew of such applications developed by the major manufacturers. Apple has also got one such Android app called Move to iOS on the Google Play to help those who upgrade to an iPhone or iPad from an Android phone. Even Google has its own basic device backup/restore tool for years and a data migration tool on Pixel devices that will facilitate USB transfer of the data between the old and new devices.
According to the description of the application on the Play Store, the OnePlus Switch will help in moving your contacts, call logs, messages, photos, video, audio files, calendar, and applications from your old phone to your new OnePlus phone. OnePlus has also mentioned that this application does not support moving the app data as of now but the functionality will be added soon.
The OnePlus Switch measures 8.64 MB in size and will work on any Android device that runs Android 5.0 Lollipop and above. However, the destination should be a smartphone from OnePlus' stable. For now, the app has not got an iOS variant but we can expect it to be in the making. However, there is no word regarding the same from the company.
From the screenshots those are provided, it looks like it is pretty easy to move the data from one device to another. After installing the application on both the phones, you need to connect them to the same Wi-Fi and you can select the data that you want to transfer to the OnePlus phone. The app show you the duration for the transfer and you will also get a fun animation as long as the process is on.
If you have purchased a new OnePlus smartphone this new year, then you need not undergo the struggle of moving the data to your new smartphone as the OnePlus Switch will handle it in a simple way.