- 35 min ago TCL TV Days on Amazon: Get exciting deals on a range of smart TVs
- 50 min ago Get the OPPO R17 Pro, OPPO A7 for Rs 10,000 less; Here's how
- 1 hr ago Why Indian EVMs cannot be hacked: Mythbuster for Elections 2019
- 1 hr ago Noble Skiodo announces 32-inch Smart TV in India: Everything you need to know
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan To Play Himself In Vikram Gokhale's Marathi Film 'AB Ani CD'
- Sports England will be at the heart of a special World Cup, says Vaughan
- News Why Yeddyurappa may get a top posting in Delhi and not Karnataka
- Automobiles Toyota Corolla Owner Gets Car Wrapped In Cow Dung — Jugaad Level 9999
- Finance Home Loan Interest Rate Comparison Between HFCs And Banks
- Lifestyle 11 Side Effects Of Sleep Deprivation On Your Health
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Paytm registers over 7 million transactions in a day
Backed by China's Alibaba, Paytm on Monday said it has registered over 7 million transactions worth Rs 120 crore in a day after the demonetisation drive started as millions of consumers and merchants across the country are opting for mobile payments on its platform for the first time.
The company said it has served over 45 million users in the last 10 days alone and over 5 million new users were added since the demonetisation drive started.
"From consumers being able to pay for a cup of coffee in metros, to farmers purchasing seeds using Paytm in Kurnool, we are witnessing an exponential increase in adoption of Paytm as a way to pay by both consumers and merchants alike. We are working round-the-clock to ensure we can enable users and merchants to complete everyday transactions seamlessly," said Paytm Vice President Sudhanshu Gupta.
"With offline transactions now contributing to over 65 per cent of the overall business, the company has also expanded its merchant network by 150,000 additional merchants. This will ensure that consumers have more shops in their neighbourhood accepting Paytm than ever before," the statement said.
"The company is currently doing more transactions than the combined average daily usage of credit and debit cards in India," the company statement added.
Paytm now has a current user base of 150 million.