- 2 hrs ago Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- 5 hrs ago Select Nokia smartphones get up to Rs. 6,000 discount but just for a day
- 9 hrs ago Honor 20 series to be available on Flipkart: Here are the details
- 10 hrs ago Oppo A9x goes official with 48MP primary rear camera and dewdrop notch display
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Automobiles Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
UC Browser returns to Google Play Store after a week
UC Browser was removed from Play Store last week.
Last week, Google had removed the UC Browser from Play Store. Well, after a week, the Alibaba-owned mobile browser is now back in Play Store.
UCWeb said yesterday that a new version of UC Browser is now available for download on Google Play. As we reported earlier, Google had pulled down the app from the Play Store without any prior notice. Later though, UCWeb issued a statement explaining the reason behind the temporary removal of UC Browser from Play Store. According to the statement, a certain setting of UC Browser was not in line with Google's policy.
"During the brief absence of UC Browser on Play Store, we continued to meticulously check our technical settings while also witnessing an uninterrupted passion of our users for the product, who looked upon the alternative version, UC Browser Mini, and made it to the top of [the] Free Apps category on the Play Store," commented Young Li, Head-International Business Department at Alibaba Mobile Business Group.
UC Browser is one of the most popular mobile browsers around with 500 million downloads in last month and more than 100 million users alone in India after its name.
Despite being so popular, reports come up time and again accusing UC Browser of stealing private data of users. This is why when the mobile browser suddenly vanished from Google Play Store last week, many speculated it was because of data security breach or malicious promotion.
The statement issued by UCWeb, however, dismissed all these rumors. Whatever the case is, we are just happy that UC Browser is back in Play Store.