TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Popular visual discovery tool Pinterest just got a whole lot better. According to reports, the Pinterest apps for both Android and iOS have received major updates that introduces pins for the iPad version while also offering animated GIFs for the app's version running on iOS-based iPhones and Android devices.
The new Place Pins option introduced for the iPad comes with the feature that already accounts for over 1.5 million pins per day since its inception back in November.
And while there are around 5 million total article pins per day (according to stats previously released in December), as of now, over 750 million Place Pins have been shared by Pinterest's users, alongside 2 million unique place boards in total.
As far as the animated GIFs are concerned, these were developed for the iOS and Android-based devices overnight at an internal "Make-a-thons" fest. These animated GIFs are familiar in concept and will be easily recognizable by someone working at a startup which include staying up late into the nights and churning out codes for a better output.
"We regularly hold Make-a-thons, all-night events where we work on projects we've been wanting to crank out, but may not have had the time during the normal work day," the official Pinterest engineering blog.
"At our last Make-a-thon, a small team, including another engineer, designer, and localization manager, brought animated GIFs to Pinterest. After building the product over night, we quickly launched on web, and worked on mobile in parallel," it adds.
As of now, 2014 is set to be a big year for Pinterest with the company now looking set to generate its first revenue via paid promoted pins from advertisers.