Mukesh Ambani-owned Reliance Jio has launched its first product-- a mobile messaging app with voice and video calling features called Jio Chat.
Reliance Jio, a subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has launched Jio Chat, a new chat app for Android and iOS platforms.
In addition to instant messaging, the app also offers voice & video calling, one-to-one & group chats, conference calling, stickers and Channels that lets you follow your favorite brands.
Recommended Link: LG To Allow 4,000 Consumers To 'Test Drive' Next-Gen G4 Ahead Of Launch
Jio Chat features Jio Chat Channels, that brands and most probably celebrities will be able to use to connect with users. The feature is similar to Japanese OTT app LINE.
In addition, the company would also bring an online newspaper service Jio News that claims to allow users read hundreds of traditional newspapers across different languages and editions. It will also bring online magazine service Jio Mags.
Features of Jio Chat for Android and iOS
- Rich Messaging. Instantly and easily message any of your Jio Chat contacts - up to 100 at a time.
- Add stickers, emoticons, doodles, pictures, videos, and audio notes to your messages to mix things up a bit
- Voice, Video Calling and Conferencing.
- Location sharing and status sharing. Can also be turned off
- Jio Chat will stores messages when the connection is interrupted and forward once you or your friends are back online
- Follow Brands, Celebrities with Channels for latest news, updates, and special promotions through Jio Chat Channels.
Recommended Link: Snapdeal Acquires Mobile Transactions Platform FreeCharge
Jio recently soft launched its LTE service in Gujarat at the Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show where it helped people connect to Wi-Fi service with over 10 Mbps speed. Additionally, it also launched 4Genabled Wifi service in Kolkata.