TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
Vine Smartphone App Updated With Private Video Messaging Support
Here's some great news for all those of you in love with the popular video sharing app Vine. According to reports, Twitter's Vine video-sharing app has rolled out probably its biggest update to date, with the new update offering the Vine Messages option which give users the ability to send private messages directly to other users either via video or by text.
"From Vine's early days, we recognized that there was a growing desire and need for private messaging on Vine. We've watched the community come up with some clever ways to send videos to their friends as we've been working on this solution," the official blog post for the same states.
"Now you can privately send Vine videos and text messages to your friends. You can even send videos to anyone in your address book, even if they aren't on Vine."
In order to create their own Vine message (VM), users will need to select the new "Messages" option in the navigation menu, directly record a video and send it to their friends. Users can also send a VM to multiple people.
"Each conversation is one-to-one; if you want to send a video to eight friends, you will start eight separate conversations. Your messages inbox has two sections: Friends (people you know) and Other (people outside your network)."
Moreover, if anyone wants to receive messages only from the people they follow or know, they can turn off the Other inbox in Settings.
Apart from the addition of VMs, this new update for the app also introduces colors to customize your profile. All you need to do is go to Settings to view and select a profile color, which will be visible to other Vine users.