- 5 hrs ago Oppo Reno 4 Series With Localised Features To Launch Soon In India
- 5 hrs ago Week 25, 2020 Launch Roundup: OPPO Reno4 Pro 5G, HONOR 8S 2020, Vivo X50 Pro And More
- 6 hrs ago BSNL Plans That Comes With 3GB Data Per Day
- 9 hrs ago How To Easily Backup And Restore Games Installed From Epic Games Store
- Sports I'm going to go to NASA now! - History-making Nunes predicts momentum will take her 'to the moon'
- News Kerala gangrape case: NCW seeks action taken report from Kerala Police
- Finance Benchmark Indices Expected To Gain Further Momentum Next Week
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights Of The Auto Industry From The Past Week
- Lifestyle Animal Bite: Why Do They Bite? Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Sonu Sood Sends 200 Idli Vendors Home To Tamil Nadu; Breaks Coconut In Front Of The Buses
- Education Top 10 World Environment Day Quotes For Students
- Travel Scenic Road Trips In The Western Ghats That Every Biker Must Take This Monsoon
FujiFilm X-H1 First impresions: How well is the mirrorless technology
Fuji XH1 includes a flicker reduction mode, a la Canon, a durable body with a 1.28-inch monochrome LCD screen on the top of the camera. Shutter sound of the camera was hardly audible.
FujiFilm one of the familiar name when it comes to photography today launched XH1 which is the company's latest addition to its famous X series of cameras. The XH1 will now join X-T2 and X-Pro 2. FujiFilm has packed the XH1 with some powerful features and also the camera is based on mirrorless technology. The mirrorless technology seems to be giving DSLRs a hard time and with the launch of this camera, FujiFilms wants to entice photography enthusiasts.
Not long ago DSLR used to be the first choice of professional photographers and this changed after the launch of mirrorless technology which was introduced by Panasonic. The Panasonic Lumix is the first ever mirrorless camera and the new XH1 from FujiFilm hints that more are likely to follow. However to get the premiums quality camera you will have to burn a huge hole in your pocket, considering the fact that you can get a DSLR at a lower price. X-H1 is crafted with scratch-resistant paint and is water and dust resistant adding one more beneficial feature to the premium class camera.
That said we will reveal the prices at the end of this article so read till the end to know more about the camera features, specs, and price.
The FujiFilm XH1is made up on a metal chasis to make space for the new IBIS (5-axisIn Body Image Stabilization) system. The camera body is made up of magnesium alloy and is scratch resistant and feels premium while holding the it.The camera indeed is lightweight when compared to professional DSLRs some of which weigh kilos and carrying them in itself is a task. The X-H1 on the other hand weighs only 673g this makes them easily portable.
The handgrip on FujiFilm X-H1 is quite large however they are comfortable to hold and the light weight adds to the benefit of carrying or holding it. The Playback/delete and AE-L/AF-ON buttons are placed on either side of the electronic viewfinder.
FujiFilm X-H1 features 24.3 MP APS_C size X Trans CMOS image sensor and X-Processor Pro image processing along with 5-axis-in-body image stabilization (IBIS) the first of its kind in the X series of cameras.
It provides 5 stops of compensation while it's used with XF lenses and 3 stops when used with XC lenses. Though this excludes three XF lenses - the XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS, XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS and the XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS - which offer 2.5, 3.5 and 4.5 stops of compensation respectively.
The other feature of the Fuji XH1 includes a flicker reduction mode, a la Canon, a durable body with a 1.28-inch monochrome LCD screen on the top of the camera. Shutter sound of the camera was hardly audible, which is quite appreciable. The company claims to improve the AF algorithm. A new AF-ON button is mounted on the rear for back-button focusing, and Bluetooth LE connectivity.
When we talk about the video, FujiFilm has used a new Eterna film stimulation which imitates the cinematic recording. An additional feature includes DCI 4K (4096x2160) high bit rate of 200Mbps along with F-log (8bit) SD card recording. It also records at 1080/120P high-speed mode along with a time code support and comes with a 24 bit/48Khz in-built microphone.
Pricing and availability
The FujiFilm X-H1 is priced at a whooping amount of Rs 149,999 for the body only, however if you want to purchase the professional unit along with the 16-55mm Kit you will have to shed out approximately Rs 2,44,998. It would be interesting to find out how good the camera will perform when it comes to sales and how well will the Indian consumer base respond to the expensive mirrorless technology.