TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Minimum Income Guarantee Will Increase Congress Tally, Say People
- IPL 2019: RR vs KXIP — Highlights
- Ford Cars To Feature Amazon Alexa — Best Voice-Command System Ever?
- Shabana Azmi Reacts To PM Modi Biopic Credit Row
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Airtel Online Store: Get Samsung Galaxy S10, iPhone XR, Google Pixel 3
- She Injected Fruit Juice Into Blood!
- Top 5 Affordable Cities In India To Live In 2019
Aakash 2 Tablet Release Update: Availability Confirmed for Nov 11 at Rs 1,500
Aakash 2 tablet is expected to hit the Indian market November 11, reportedly informed India’s telecom minister Mr. Kapil Sibal at a conference of economic editors. The new tablet is being manufactured by UK based Datawind; the same company that manufactured the first Aakash tablet.
According to numerous reports, Aakash 2 tablet will run on Google’s Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) firmware, will have a 1 GHz processor and a battery life of about 4 hours. We didn’t get any information on the processor type and the battery rating. We also learn that it will have capacitive touchscreen display.
The Aakash 2 tablet is expected to cost Rs. 1500, which makes it cheaper than the Aakash original tablet. Sibal says that this has been made possible because Datawind used India based plant to manufacture the latest version. Sibal further said that the government is planning to manufacture about a million of Aakash 2 tablets without putting extra burden on the ministry of finance.
Aakash 2 tablet has been in the news for several reasons. Lenovo recently commented that it’s going to be impossible to manufacture a tablet at the price Aakash is making to the markets, while keeping similar user experience of the popular tablets. It’d be quite interesting to see whether the Aakash 2 makes the customers happy or not.