- Sports Royal Challengers Bangalore bowled well, says Kolkata Knight Riders captain Eoin Morgan
- Education MP Board 12th Supplementary Result 2020 Declared, Check MPBSE 12th Result Link
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 October 21 Highlights: Shehzad Deol Gets Eliminated, Toofani Seniors Exit The Show
- News INS Kavaratti: The silent submarine killer in the seas, to be commissioned into Navy today
- Finance Domestic Air Travel Picks Up Amid Festivities; Delhi-Mumbai Spot Fare Rs. 18,000
- Lifestyle Diabetes In Men: Early Signs And Symptoms To Look Out For
- Automobiles New Kia Sonet SUV Modified Tastefully In Bangalore: Here Are All The Customisations Made
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In November
Exploring Mac OS X Yosemite Apps and Features: First Look [PICTURES]
In case you have living under a rock all this while, Apple has already officially announced its latest Mac OS X Yosemite platform that has arrived with a host of new features and functionality. The new platform is currently set for a fall 2014 arrival officially.
The new Yosemite has been created with more power and options to users in mind. Apple states that "when we set out to create OS X Yosemite, we wanted to make it more powerful and easier to use, while maintaining the elements essential to Mac."
"It's the next natural step in the evolution of OS X. Not just because of how it looks. But because of what it empowers you to do," the company adds. Apple also adds that it has gone deep into every aspect of the interface, while focusing on details large and small to eventually come out with a product as that of the Yosemite.
But while all the features, advantages and design factor for the new platform sound mightily impressive (as it actually is), what is the potential of the platform in terms of all the apps inside it?
Here we take a closer look at all the apps involved with the new Yosemite. Check the sliders below for more information.
Apple is now offering a streamlined toolbar that keeps the browsing controls of the user nearby, while not being a distraction. "So you see more of the article you're reading and the photos you're viewing on every page," Apple says.
There's a new Favorites view that comes with the Yosemite. Users just need to click the smart search field and a grid drops down, revealing the icons of the favorite websites. Also, Favorites view works the same way on your iPad and iPhone, so your favorites are always with you.
With the new Markup feature, users can quickly annotate an attachment they receive and send it back, all this without leaving Mail. There's also the new feature called Mail Drop that lets you send large attachments without worrying about whether they'll go through.
With the Yosemite now in place, when your iPhone is nearby, you can send a text message from your Mac to groups of friends, even if they use SMS. The same applies for photos and even a Soundbite audio clip. Users can also record a quick audio clip of their voice and send it to friends without leaving the Messages app.
With iCloud Drive in the Finder, users will now have a folder where they can store all types of files, organize them the way they like, and even access them from all other devices.
AirDrop makes sharing files between Mac computers simple. And now it works between Mac and iOS, too. So users can take a file from any folder and use AirDrop to send it to a nearby Mac or iOS device.