TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Between 2004 And 2018, National Parties Collected Rs 8721.14 Crore From Unknown Sources
- India Beats New Zealand In 1st ODI — Catch The Highlights
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
We all need privacy even in the family! If we are sharing a desktop, we may have some personal files that we want to hide from others. Perhaps we might be having some important documents and videos under wraps, or we simply want to prevent users from accidentally deleting certain files. Today, we have listed out different ways by which you can hide your files.
Hide files and folders using File Explorer
Step 1: Open File Explorer.
Step 2: Navigate to the file or folder you want to hide.
Step 3: Now, right-click the item and click on Properties.
Step 4: On the General tab, under Attributes, check the Hidden option.
Step 5: Click Apply
Hide files using command prompt
Step 1: Click Start, and open Command Prompt
Step 2: Now type the command to navigate to the folder you want to hide and press enter.
In the command replace the path after cd with the path to your file or folder.
Step 3: Now, type the below command to hide a folder or file and press Enter:
"attrib +h "abc""
In the above command replace "abc" with the name of your folder or file.
Hide files using Disk Management Utility
Step 1: First off, press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box. Then, type diskmgmt.msc in the Open box and click OK
Step 2: Now, right-click on the drive you want to hide and select Change Drive Letter and Paths.
Step 3: Once you are on the Change Drive Letter and Paths, select the drive letter, click Remove, and then click OK.
Step 4: If a warning dialog box comes click Yes to remove the drive letter.
Using third-party software
If you are not satisfied with it, you can also use the third-party software as well to hide your files. There are lots of worthy software available including Filefriend, Secret disk, Easy file locker and much more.