- 3 hrs ago Realme 10 Pro 5G Coca Cola Edition Design Revealed, Set to Launch Next Week
- 3 hrs ago Vivo V27 Tipped to Feature MediaTek Dimensity 8200 SoC, High-End Sony Camera Sensors
- 8 hrs ago Oppo Reno 8T Series Introduced In Vietnam Ahead Of India Launch On February 3
- 8 hrs ago Samsung, Google, And Qualcomm To Jointly Develop “XR” System For Extended Reality Immersive Computing
- Movies Sidharth Shukla Ki Yaad...: Bigg Boss 16 Fans Compare Shiv Thakare To BB 13 Winner After Torture Task
- News Legendary Telugu filmmaker-actor K Viswanath is no more
- Sports Ranji Trophy 2022-23 QF: Andhra skipper Hanuma Vihari bats one-handed but MP tighten grip on match on Day 3
- Finance UPI Security Tips: SBI Offers Top 6 Tips For Making UPI Transactions Secure
- Lifestyle Valentine’s Day: Effects Of A Breakup On Your Body
- Travel Ultimate Ancient Landmarks to Add to Your Bucket List
- Education TNDTE Diploma Result Announced; Check Details Here
- Automobiles Hyundai Creta, Alcazar Updated – Gets New Diesel Engine & More Features
Microsoft Surface 2: Job listing Reveals Next Tablet is on the Way
Back in June, Microsoft revealed its new offspring in the category of tablets PCs for Windows in the Los Angeles event.
Brought out by the name of 'Surface' - the new tablet-sized device was informed to be offered by the software giant in the tech retail market in two different models. One running an ARM processor featuring Windows RT, and another one integrated with a third-generation Intel Core processor featuring Windows 8 Pro.
Then came the newsbreak that the Surface tablets will hit the retail shelves from October 26 this year alongside Windows 8, which will also be launched on the same day.
And now, the Mountain View Valley company is in news again. Rumors have emerged in the online tech world that Microsoft has already started working on Surface 2 tablets. Already the Surface tablet has got rave reviews from tech experts globally for its vivid look, impressive specs and smart accessories. Hence, now industry observers and tech maniacs are now keenly waiting to see what innovation Microsoft will bring with Surface 2 tablets.
A report on TechRadar has revealed that Microsoft has started hiring engineers and technicians for working on Surface 2 tablets.
“ The Microsoft Careers site has dozens of job listings between June 18 and August 2, indicating Microsoft's hunt for engineers and managers to build the "next generation" of Surface devices,” said the report.
Further the report also added that, "The Surface Team focuses on lighting up Microsoft experiences with touch first computing... We are currently building the next generation and Surface needs you!" While others state... "The Surface Team focuses on building devices that fully express the Windows vision."
This move is perceived as part of the development of the next generation Surface tablet. A particular ad from Microsoft looking for people with understanding of touch display architecture and knowledge of mechanical integration of large touch displays into electronic product reveals a lot about the future plans of Microsoft with Surface 2 tablet.
A new rugged Surface!
Microsoft is also promoting innovation with the next gen tablet by hiring material engineers to create a more advanced body using new materials including ceramics, thin films, metals etc. There has been information that Microsoft will be integrating Physical Vapor Deposition coats (PVD) to create a surface which is resistant to wear and tear. Use of PVD will also make the device waterproof.
Power Efficiency Thrust
Microsoft is also considering alternate power sources to power the Surface 2 tablets. They are planning to deliver an ARM like battery to power the Surface 2 tablet which will give it a longer battery life. There are also rumors that Microsoft is hiring engineers to work on passive and active cooling thermal designs to solve the issues of overheating .Microsoft seems to trying hard to bring designs that are cost effective without compromising on the performance part.
For the time being, Microsoft is tight lipped about revealing any information regarding the successor to the Surface tablet. Although consumers can expect an announcement about Surface 2 tablets by later this year.