- 1 hr ago Xiaomi 13,13 Pro Full Specs Revealed: Can They Be The Best Flagship Smartphones?
- 2 hrs ago Motorola Moto X40 Launch Confirmed: IP68 Protection, Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC Tipped
- 2 hrs ago NASA Offers $57.2 Million Contract To ICON To 3D Print Huts On Moon
- 3 hrs ago OnePlus Nord CE 3 Design Revealed Via Renders: Better Than Nord CE 2?
- News Dharam Saini, former BJP minister who had shifted to SP se to make a return
- Sports ONE 164: Pacio vs. Brooks - Three bouts that could steal the show
- Movies ‘Idhar Bhi Akshay Ka Role Le Gaya’ Fans Say As Kartik Reportedly Bags Awara Paagal Deewana 2 After Hera Pheri
- Finance What is Retail CBDC and How is it Different from Wholesale CBDC?
- Automobiles Toyota India Vice Chairman Mr Vikram Kirloskar Passes Away
- Lifestyle India's Maternal Mortality Ratio Drops; Healthcare Initiatives A Boon
- Education Sail Recruitment 2022 Application Commences for 259 Consultants and Other Postions.
- Travel Most Popular Winter Sports In India You Can Try
Micron Begins DDR5 DIMMs Sampling For High-Performance Computing And AI Applications
Micron the memory manufacturing company has officially confirmed that it has begun sampling DDR5 Registered DIMMs using 1znm process technology. DDR5 is the most advanced DRAM till date and the company claims that a DDR5 RAM compared to a DDR4 RAM will increase memory performance by 85 percent.
Compared to the last generation RDIMM, DDR5 doubles memory density and also consumes less power. In theory, a DDR5 RAM should be able to 1.85 times more performance compared to DDR4 RAM. Similarly, the company also claims that it increases reliability, availability, and serviceability (RAS).
In the earlier phase, the DDR5 RAM will be used in server workloads. Similarly, in the next few years, this technology will be made available for computers, laptops, and smartphones as well. Using this technology, brands can make single RAM DIMMs with up to 64GB, which was limited to 16GB on DDR4 technology.
"Datacenter workloads will be increasingly challenged to extract value from the accelerating growth of data across virtually all applications. The key to enabling these workloads is higher-performance, denser, higher-quality memory. Micron's sampling of DDR5 RDIMMs represents a significant milestone, bringing the industry one step closer to unlocking the value in next-generation data-centric applications", says Tom Eby, Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Compute & Networking Business Unit at Micron
Comparison Between DDR4 And DDR5 RAM Technology
|Data rates||1600-3200 MT/s||3200-6400 MT/s|
|Internal VREF||VREFDQ||VREFDQ, VREFCA, VREFCS|
|DQ receiver equalization||CTLE||DFE|
|On-die ECC||None||128b+8b SEC, error check and scrub|
|Bank groups (BG)/banks||4 BG x 4 banks (x4/x8)|
2 BG x 4 banks (x16)
|8 BG x 2 banks (8Gb x4/x8)|
4 BG x 2 banks (8Gb x16)
8 BG x 4 banks (16-64Gb x4/x8)
4 BG x 4 banks (16-64Gb x16)
|Command/address interface||ODT, CKE, ACT, RAS,|
CAS, WE, A
|Burst length||BL8 (and BL4)||BL16, BL32|
(and BC8 OTF, BL32 OTF)
|Mode registers||7 x 17 bits||Up to 256 x 8 bits|
(LPDDR type read/write)