- 4 min ago Coronavirus Breakthrough: Scientists Discover Atomic Map To Help Combat Deadly Virus
- 29 min ago Samsung Galaxy A71 5G Model Likely In Works: Listing Spotted On Geekbench
- 49 min ago Xiaomi Alleged Redmi K30 Pro 5G Smartphone Expected To Arrive With 33W Fast-Charger
- 50 min ago Realme C3 With 12MP Triple-Rear Camera Goes Official: Price And Specifications
- Movies Trance Movie Review: Fahadh Faasil Is The Heart & Soul Of This Gutsy Film!
- News Terrorists are not uneducated, they are degree holders: Rajnath Singh
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
- Education CBSE Board Exam: Explore List Of Barred Items And Which Pen To Use In Exam
- Lifestyle Kiara Advani's Pink Chikankari Lehenga Is Absolutely On Our Wish List
- Finance SBI Cards IPO To Open On 2 March
- Sports We need 'A' game to beat world-class India: Kane Williamson
- Automobiles Hero Destini 125 BS6 Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,310
Micron Begins DDR5 DIMMs Sampling For High-Performance Computing And AI Applications
Micron the memory manufacturing company has officially confirmed that it has begun sampling DDR5 Registered DIMMs using 1znm process technology. DDR5 is the most advanced DRAM till date and the company claims that a DDR5 RAM compared to a DDR4 RAM will increase memory performance by 85 percent.
Compared to the last generation RDIMM, DDR5 doubles memory density and also consumes less power. In theory, a DDR5 RAM should be able to 1.85 times more performance compared to DDR4 RAM. Similarly, the company also claims that it increases reliability, availability, and serviceability (RAS).
In the earlier phase, the DDR5 RAM will be used in server workloads. Similarly, in the next few years, this technology will be made available for computers, laptops, and smartphones as well. Using this technology, brands can make single RAM DIMMs with up to 64GB, which was limited to 16GB on DDR4 technology.
"Datacenter workloads will be increasingly challenged to extract value from the accelerating growth of data across virtually all applications. The key to enabling these workloads is higher-performance, denser, higher-quality memory. Micron's sampling of DDR5 RDIMMs represents a significant milestone, bringing the industry one step closer to unlocking the value in next-generation data-centric applications", says Tom Eby, Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Compute & Networking Business Unit at Micron
Comparison Between DDR4 And DDR5 RAM Technology
|Data rates||1600-3200 MT/s||3200-6400 MT/s|
|Internal VREF||VREFDQ||VREFDQ, VREFCA, VREFCS|
|DQ receiver equalization||CTLE||DFE|
|On-die ECC||None||128b+8b SEC, error check and scrub|
|Bank groups (BG)/banks||4 BG x 4 banks (x4/x8)|
2 BG x 4 banks (x16)
4 BG x 2 banks (8Gb x16)
8 BG x 4 banks (16-64Gb x4/x8)
4 BG x 4 banks (16-64Gb x16)
CAS, WE, A
(and BC8 OTF, BL32 OTF)
(LPDDR type read/write)