TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Hard drive manufacturing giant Seagate is all set to bring out computer hard-disks that offer up to 6OTB of storage. These hard-disks also double up as data storage devices. These hard-disks can also be used for both computers & notebooks alike.
Seagate is all set to work on a new technology called “Heat Assisted Magnetic Recording ( HAMR)”. This technology will enable large storage areas on computer hard drives. As of now, 1 TB data density has been achieved by various manufacturers, But Seagate is expected to do something different with the 60 TB hard-drives.
Currently, the maximum data storage area that is provided on 3.5 inch drives is 3TB. Drives that are present in notebook computers are of 2.5 inches. They have a storage area of 2 TB. Seagate aims to increase the data storage on both desktop as well as notebook hard-drives. This means that the new drives will have storage area which will be 55 percent more than the existing area.
Most of the hard-drives tend to disrupt the data storage due to their density. But if this is taken care of, then a large storage space can be accomplished easily. Seagate has almost completed working on the 60TB hard-drives & is expected to launch these very soon into the market. These hard-disks when available will accelerate the demand for cloud computing. This will ensure benefits for both the computer as well as cloud computing sector.