TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- SC To Deliver Verdict On Countrywide Ban On Firecrackers Today
- OnePlus 6T Will Have A Better Low-Light Camera: Camera Sample Teased
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- This Is How You Can Include Essential Oils In Your Skin Care Routine
- Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's November Wedding: Inside Details That You Just Can't Miss!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Bajrang Punia Settles For Silver In World Wrestling Championships; Loses To Japanese Teen In Finals
- Deadline To File September GST Returns Extended By 5 Days
The Dell G3 3579 is the latest budget gaming-laptop available in India with an interesting choice of specifications combined with a subtle looking design. Here are the different benchmark results of the Dell G3 to find out the value for money proposition that the laptop offers.
Our benchmarking review is based on the top of the line model of the Dell G3 laptop (Alpine White) with the latest 8th Gen Intel 8750H 6-core SoC, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti GPU, and 16 GB RAM. The computer currently retails in India for Rs 1,05,000 and available via offline stores and major e-commerce websites.
Specifications of the Dell G3 3579
- 15.6-inch IPS LED with 1080p resolution (anti-glare)
- Intel core i7 8750 H (six-core) processor @ 2.20 GHz up to 4.1 GHz
- Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti GPU ( 4 GB GDDR5)
- 16 GB DDR4 RAM (2666 MHz)
- Windows 10 Home
- Dual speaker (Waves MaxxAudio Pro)
- 3.5 mm headphone jack (Supports Dolby Atmos)
- 256 GB SSD
- 1 TB HDD (5400 RPM)
- 56WHr 4-cell battery
- 130W adapter
- 720p webcam
- 802.11ac 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth
- 2.53 kg weight
- SD Card Slot
- Full-size HDMI 2.0 port
- 2 x USB 3.0
- 1 x USB 2.0
- Ethernet port (Gigabit RJ-45)
- Noble lock slot
Tools for benchmark
We ran multiple benchmarking tools on the Dell G3 laptop. Cinebench R15 and Geekbench 4 were used to measure the performance of the CPU, and Heaven Benchmark 4 was used to measure the raw performance of the GPU. GTA V, and, Strange Brigade was used to measure the gaming performance of the laptop (DirectX 11, and DirectX 12), respectively.
On the Geekbench 4, the laptop scored 4504 points on a single-core and 17693 points on multi-core performance. The single core performance of the computer is similar to the 7th gen or even a 6th gen core-i7 H processors. However, the multi-core performance gets a considerable boost, as the 8th Gen Intel 8750 SoC on the Dell G3 comes with six physical cores and 12 hyper-threads. The laptop has one of the best notebook class CPU from Intel and the results from Geekbench re-affirms the same.
Cinebench is once again a CPU performance measuring tool, which also measures the graphical performance of a laptop or a computer. On Cinebench R15 we got a score of 1063 CB (CPU performance and 90.18 fps on OpenGL GPU performance. Ex, the Alienware 17 R5 scores 1279 points with the Intel Core i9 SoC, which is also a 12 core processor with a base clock speed of 2.91 GHz and will cost more than double that of the Dell G3 and the difference in the performance is very negligible.
Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0
The Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0 is a GPU benchmarking open platform tool (DirectX 11). We got an average FPS of 71.2 and a score of 1792 points, which are again similar to the other notebooks with GTX 1050 Ti.
Though the GTA V (DirectX 11) is an already a four-year-old game, it is still one of the best action adventure game that has been played worldwide. We got an average FPS of 84.69 on FHD (maxed out settings) and a maximum FPS of 114. The GTA V is very much playable on the Dell G3, and you will be impressed with the output.
Strange Brigade is the latest third-person shooter game (DirectX 12), which is a bit more demanding than the GTA V. On benchmarking, we go a result of 62fps, which is slightly less than GTA V, which is acceptable for a 2018 game. Still, the Strange Brigade is very much playable on the Dell G3, and even though, there will be occasional frame drops.
The Dell G3 3579 is a great gaming laptop (around Rs 1,00,000 price point), which shines on both CPU and GPU performance. As one can see on these benchmark results, the computer can handle any game that you through at it. The fans start to spin off really fast while doing benchmarking or gaming. However, the sound is not that loud, and the computer did cooldown to quickly.
The Dell G3 3579 seems like a great gaming laptop, which offers best-in-class performance. Wait for the complete review of the Dell G3 3579, which will cover the remaining aspects of the computer.