TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- This Is How Rahul Gandhi Reacted When Asked About The Farm Loans Waiver
- IPL Auction 2019 — Live Updates
- Lambretta Scooter India-Launch Details Out — To Be Fully Electric, Yet Classy
- NDCP To Offer 4 Million Jobs To Indians In Telecom Sector — Manoj Sinha
- Rupee Moves Higher As Dollar Weakens Before Fed Outcome On Dec 19
- Deepika Opens Up About Ranbir Skipping Her Wedding Reception
- Jalandhar: The City Of Rich Cultural Heritage
- Mum Shares Heartbreaking Pictures Of Baby After Dog Attack
Apple's long delayed entry into wearable tech market may happen next month, according to a new report. Recode is reporting that Apple could launch the so-called "iWatch" at the company's September event.
The Cupertino-based giant will unleash the much hyped iWatch smart wearable device alongside two new iPhones, Recode has claimed. The new wearable device could take an advantage of the HomeKit function on Apple's iOS 8 mobile OS, allowing users to control lights with one touch using the purported iWatch.
It is also being reported that the intelligent watch will be compatible with Apple's Health application, which collect's a user's fitness data, and bring it visible on a main screen. The firm has been rumored to announce an intelligent watch ever since the arrival of iPhone in 2007. The company has been maintaining a pin drop silence on the arrival of the iWatch later in the year.
The gossip mongers believe the iWatch would feature a large 2.5-inch rectangular screen. The display could be slightly curved, just like the Samsung Gear S. According to one report, the device will have a flexible AMOLED screen with Sapphire glass and water resistant body.
An analyst recently predicted that iWatch may cost $300 (about Rs. 18,000, approximately). The watch is expected to sell well, after all the wearable tech segment has a potential to grow exponentially in coming years.
But at the same time one should not forget that several high-profile tech vendors have already announce their respective smart wearable devices much ahead of iWatch, including LG's G Watch R and Samsung's Gear S. Sony and Asus are also expected to reveal intelligent watches at this year's IFA 2014 in Berlin.
For the time being, we can only speculate rumors about the forthcoming iWatch. Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!