TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
iTunes made its entry into the Indian market last week and it is now rumored that the launch of Apple TV in India is soon to follow the introduction of iTunes. According to a report, Apple TV is to be launched in the country within a fortnight at a price of Rs. 6,990.
Apple has not yet uttered a word on the rumors. As of now, the authorized resellers of Apple and other Apple dealers in the gray market do not have any Apple TV units in their possession.
With the introduction of iTunes in India, a huge pool of people interested in buying content from iTunes will be created. It is only natural if Apple launches Apple TV as it would cater to a lot of people interested in purchasing content from iTunes.
The Apple TV is not the television set which Apple has been rumored to be making with its Asian manufacturers. Apple TV is actually a small device which allows you to play content available in iTunes on your HDTV by acting as a media receiver. The new version of Apple TV was launched earlier this year. Its design is same as the previous model, but 1080p content playback is supported in it. It has the Core A5 processor.
It was only just last week that iTunes was launched in India allowing Indian users of iOS devices to purchase from iTunes. They can buy books, movies, music and can also rent movies from iTunes. The iTunes Match service has also been introduced which will allow the users to store content that they have bought from other sources (not iTunes) to the cloud for easy access. The service is priced at Rs. 1,200 per year.
The doors of iTunes Store has now been opened to 55 other countries apart from India, including, Turkey, South Africa and Russia.