- 2 hrs ago 5 Best International Online Shopping Sites That Provide Free Shipping To India
- 2 hrs ago Oppo Might Launch Its Financial Services In India This Year: Report
- 4 hrs ago Oppo PCLM50 Appears On Geekbench Expected To Be Next-Gen Reno3 5G
- 5 hrs ago Clearview AI App: Protects The Fenced, Imprisons The Protected
- News #GoBackBolsonaro trends on Twitter after a red carpet welcome for Brazil Prez Bolsonaro
- Sports Yuvraj Singh and Wasim Akram to play in bushfire relief match
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada Season 7 - Actress Ranjani Raghavan Enters The Glasshouse
- Lifestyle How To Get Sonam Kapoor's Egyptian Goddess Make-up At Paris Fashion Week
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Apple Watch Tips and Tricks: 10 Interesting Things You Need to Know for Daily Usage
With a bold and powerful wearable gizmo, Apple is not just making a style statement, but also making us stop looking at our iPhone all the day.
There are a whole lot of things to do with the Apple Watch, beyond checking time or sending messages. Here are some useful tips and tricks to use Apple Watch.
1. Ping your iPhone
One of the coolest features in the Apple Watch is to ping your misplaced iPhone to locate it easily. To use this feature, the Watch has to be connected to the iPhone, either via Bluetooth or the same Wi-Fi network. To ping a misplaced iPhone, just swipe up to get Glances and tap Ping button.
By tapping the ping button on the watch-face, there will be a short pinging sound in the iPhone to locate it. Interestingly the iPhone will make sound even if it is in silent mode. Along with this, the iPhone will flash LED light by taping and holding the pin button for a few seconds.
2. Turn On Power Reserve Mode
To avoid battery drain, Apple has introduced a feature called Power Reserve mode. To turn on the Power Reserve mode manually, press and hold the slide button and slide the Power Reserve slider.
This mode will shut down all the functionalities of Apple Watch, except the ability to display them. All apps, and other general functions of the Apple Watch will be disabled once the Power Reserve mode is enabled.
3. Re-open Last Used App
Switching between apps in the Apple Watch is easy and to re-open the last used app is even easier. You can easily switch back to the last used app by just double tapping the Digital Crown.
4. Wake to Last Used App
When raising the wrist, Apple Watch shows the time by default. But, if you wish to go back to the particular app you are using, change the settings by navigating to Settings >> General >> Activate on Wrist Raise >> On and then select Open to the Last-Used App.
5. Mute With Palm
It might be annoying with notification sounds on the Watch while in office or outdoor. To mute a notification alert like incoming call or message on Apple Watch, just place palm over the screen. The watch will instantly be silent on both Apple Watch and iPhone. To enable the feature, the open Apple Watch app on iPhone and navigate to My Watch >> Sounds & Haptics >> Cover to Mute.
6. Taking a Screen Shot
Apple made it very simple to take a screen shot on Apple Watch. To take screen shot just press and hold the side button of the Watch, while doing so, tap the Digital Crown at the same time. To view the screen shot, open the iPhone Photos app.
7. Apple Watch as Remote View Finder or Camera Remote
This feature will win the heart of smartphone photographers. This feature allows iPhone users to display as a viewfinder for the iPhone camera. You can setup iPhone at a distance and can monitor the scene using the Apple Watch and click photos remotely.
To start this feature, both devices need to be within Bluetooth range (approx 33 feet or closer). To setup, open the camera app on the Apple Watch and press the shutter button.
8. Clear All Notification
Swipe left to delete an individual notification from the Notification screen. But you can also clear all notifications, alerts at once in just a single tap. Swipe down the notification drawer, then Force Touch the display to clear all the notification at once.
9. Sharing Location
Sharing location with Apple Watch is very simple. To do so, Force Touch on the Apple Watch display, while using the Message app, and then select 'send location'.
10. Raise Wrist to Activate the Watch
You can activate the Apple Watch by just raising the wrist. This feature will activate the display of the Watch and show the time. Lifting wrist will also show the incoming notification during the incoming message or call. And to activate Siri, raise the wrist and say "Hey Siri".
At present Apple Watch is not available in India. However, the Cupertino-based giant is expected to launch the Apple Watch in India in 2015 itself. The entry-level model of the Apple Watch could be priced at Rs. 35,000.