TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Camera manufacturer, Canon India is planning to increase its sales by three times within a period of 3 years. The company expects to meet a turnover of Rs. 7,000 crore by the year 2015. The company aims to achieve the target through its new product expansion technology.
The company in the current year is aiming to achieve a turnover of Rs.2, 350 crore. The President and CEO of Canon India, Kazutada Kobayashi said that the company aims a triple turnover rate by 2015. The imaging major, last year had reported a 23% growth. The growth rate is highest among the countries in Asia. Surprisingly, India contributes just 1 per cent of the total turnover.
The contribution of India to the overall growth rate is low compared to other countries but the company is hopeful that the trend might change and a better growth will be seen in India in the next 2 years. The company is keen on expanding its products and is focusing primarily on the commercial segment.
Canon is trying its hand on some new domains such as EOS professional video camera, commercial printing machines and medical digital imaging. The company says it is intensifying its presence on the commercial segment as it sees a better growth process there. It is also seen that the commercial and consumer segment contributed about Rs.1, 850 crore of the total revenue in 2012.
A retail venture of Canon India, Canon Image Square, also plays a vital role in contributing to the huge turnover of the company. It is reported that Canon has plans of hiring sometime soon.