TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP-Cong Spar Over EVMs Again: This Time There Is An International Conspiracy To It
- ICC Awards 2018 Winners' List: Virat Kohli Sweeps Awards; Makes History
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Reliance Jio To Foray Into E-Commerce Business In India
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider For 2019
- Kangana on #MeToo: I Was Pinched On My B*tt In The Middle Of A Group
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Health Benefits Of L-arginine
Just today, CSR announced something that actually sounds interesting. The company which is headquartered at Cambridge, UK, officially said that it has developed 0.55mm-thin wireless touch surface that can be used to wireless extend the touch interface of mobile devices and PCs. Think of it is as a remote, wireless surface.
Boasting its latest creation as the "the world's thinnest wireless touch interface", the company has also disclosed details on its working. The new component, which measures only 0.55mm, can easily be connected to multiple devices including PCs, smartphones and tablets. It uses Bluetooth connection to link with these devices. Once connected, the wireless touch surface can function as a mouse or an external keyboard.
Further, the device is said to be made from a flexible and protective surface and thus it can be used as a cover for tablets. It can also be connected to iOS 6 and iOS 7 devices with a touch latency of less than 12ms. The device was described by CSR with great detail, with the company reportedly saying that it combined low-power wireless technology with the "latest in printable, flexible electronics and touch screen sensing".
To develop the wireless touch surface, CSR collaborated with both Atmel and Conductive Inkjet technology, using Atmel's touch silicon as well as CIT's reel-reel printing process.
CSR's wireless touch surface will be officially unveiled at IFA Berlin on 6 September. Sadly. There is no information on the pricing and availability of the device that offers extension to the touch interface .