TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Between 2004 And 2018, National Parties Collected Rs 8721.14 Crore From Unknown Sources
- India Beats New Zealand In 1st ODI — Catch The Highlights
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
For all of you who missed a chance at buying a test version of Google's Glass earlier this year, the Internet giant has just announced that its offering you a second chance.
The expanded sales of Google's next-gen Glass will come as a part of an invitation-only program. Current testers will be allowed to invite up to three people to buy the device and become a part of Google's test program. However, the invites are restricted to people living only in New York, San Francisco and Los Angles.
"So over the next few weeks, all Explorers will have the opportunity to invite three friends to join the program", said Google in a post. "They'll be able to buy Glass online and can have it shipped to their home, office, treehouse or igloo. We're counting on you to get Glass to the people you think will make great Explorers. More Explorers means more feedback, and more feedback means better Glass."
Earlier this year, 10,000 people received a chance to start testing the device. The chosen individuals were mainly computer programmers and winners of an online contest conducted by the Internet giant.
For Google, it has always been common practice to rely on the early users of a test product before it gets confident enough to gradually widen the audience. During 2004, the company employed a similar strategy with its free email service, Gmail.
Talking about the device, it includes a speaker and a camera for pictures and video. A thumbnail-sized display screen can be found attached to the frame above the right eye.
Google Glass has already raised privacy concerns in several circles. Some people are worrying that its hidden camera could invade the privacy of others who are oblivious of the fact that their videos and pictures are being captured.