TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
Apart from Sony and Samsung's smartwatches that were launched in September, Google is also working on a similar device. To refer to leaks from the past, the smartwatch coming from Google is also known by its codename Gem. The software giant will reportedly unveil it on October 31st.
According to the 9To5Google, the smartwatch will come loaded with the latest Android 4.4 KitKat OS. There are no solid details about the specs and features of the device at the moment. But rumors have it that Google Now, the company's voice assistant which comes packed with Android phones, would be the center of the device.
Moreover, Google might be giving a finishing touch to the device at this time. The company is reportedly focusing more on the battery life of the device. 9To5Google further speculates that the device will come with several features of Google Glass as well.
Thus, it looks like the information that Google Now shows you on your phone could come up in the watch very soon. And further sections like, home, calendar alarms, emails, SMS, etc. could all get pushed to the watch's display.
Apart from the battery life of the watch that Google is keeping its focus on at the moment, Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity is also a priority for the device. As said earlier, there are no details pertaining to the type of sensors and health monitoring functionality or the specs of the device as of now.