TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India Likely To Surpasses The UK In The World's Largest Economy Rankings
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Indian Railways Set To Enter $200 Bn Global Semi-High-Speed Market With Train 18
- Nissan’s NV300 Concept Is The Van Every Workaholic Traveller Needs To Have
- "Dhoni Is Still The World's Best ODI Finisher," Says Chappel
- 7 Apps That PC Gamers Should Use
- Govinda-Movie Rangeela Raja Super Flop; Gets Zero Rating
- Kangana Ranaut Promotes Eco-friendly Fashion With This Green Gown
Google Glass as been turning heads ever since it was first introduced. Back in February, Google offered the futuristic device to few lucky individuals to test it out. The search giant gave out instructions on how to apply for the device in it's website. Well the company is now sending out emails to Google Glass owners allowing them to invite a friend to test out the device.
This is not the first time that Google has used the invite-a-friend strategy. In case you remember a similar one was used for Orkut and Gmail too. According to a report by 9to5google, the invites have been sent only to select number of Google Glass owners.
Google Glass Community Advocate has confirmed that no more emails are being sent to owners. As for the people who have received the email, they can invite a friend to join the explore program with respect to certain guide lines - the user must be a US resident, 18 years or older, must be able to pick up the Glass in either San Francisco New York or Los Angeles. The invitees will have to buy the Glass before using it. There is no info what the cost of the device is.
The commercial release of Google Glass is expected to happen around end of 2013 or early 2014.