TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Google Glass as been turning heads ever since it was first introduced. Back in February, Google offered the futuristic device to few lucky individuals to test it out. The search giant gave out instructions on how to apply for the device in it's website. Well the company is now sending out emails to Google Glass owners allowing them to invite a friend to test out the device.
This is not the first time that Google has used the invite-a-friend strategy. In case you remember a similar one was used for Orkut and Gmail too. According to a report by 9to5google, the invites have been sent only to select number of Google Glass owners.
Google Glass Community Advocate has confirmed that no more emails are being sent to owners. As for the people who have received the email, they can invite a friend to join the explore program with respect to certain guide lines - the user must be a US resident, 18 years or older, must be able to pick up the Glass in either San Francisco New York or Los Angeles. The invitees will have to buy the Glass before using it. There is no info what the cost of the device is.
The commercial release of Google Glass is expected to happen around end of 2013 or early 2014.