TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirbhaya Death Anniversary — A Timeline
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 3 — Full Updates
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- How To Use TRAI DND iOS App To Block Spam Calls
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Taiwan's Asus has always been and continues to be, a real pioneer in the computing business. Having recently occupied a well respected place in the tablet and handset market, Asus may be trying its hands at producing wearable devices.
If reports have anything to go by, the Nexus 7 maker is going to launch its first ever wearable gadget at the upcoming IFA tech show in Berlin.
The Nexus 7 will showcase a smart watch powered by Google's Android Wear OS, according to a report by Focus Taiwan. This is not the first time it has been claimed that Asus will venture into wearable gadgets market.
Focus Taiwan is claiming that Asus' CEO Jerry Shen recently addressed investors' conference where he apparently signaled the arrival of a smart watch as early as next month.
"We're dreaming big about the future of wearable devices, but the dream will not come true this year or in the first half of next year because the market demand has not picked up," Jerry Shen, Asus' CEO, said at the investors' conference.
Furthermore, the company could launch a second-generation model of the watch next year. Shen, however, did not give share specific details about the first-generation smart watch.
It is learnt that Asus' first ever smart watch may not be priced on a higher side. The device could be priced as low as Rs. 6,000 in the International market, a new report revealed a few days back. Competition wise, Asus' first-gen smart watch will certainly give competition to the Pebble smart watch in respect of price.
Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!