TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
After iPhones, Apple now is trying its hand in manufacturing a smartwatch based on iOS. Sources close to the company say that the smartwatch is to be made of curved glass and this makes it unique from other competitors. The competitor Pebble also has come out with a smartwatch. The smartwatch is still in the beta stages of its making, and no details about its design or release are available at the moment.
The rumors of iWatch have been doing the rounds since early 2011 from the time reports about Google and Apple's entry into wearable computing came out. Apple today has begun the development of wearable computing devices in a serious note.
Corning Gorilla Glasses are the ones found in most of the smartphones and other portable devices today. The glasses are stronger than ordinary glasses, which allow the devices like iPhones to survive drops from great heights without damage. A Window Glass Display was unveiled by Corning last year, which had a slim and flexible substrate much suited for Apple's Wristwatch.
Apple now is rumored to have purchased the hardware meant for glass-polishing to offer its suppliers for manufacturing devices with curved glass cover. The launch of iWatch is expected to revolutionize the wearable tech market. Pebble and Google also appear to be serious contenders in wearable tech market. The Google Glass headset is reportedly expected to fetch 3 percent of revenue by 2015.
The future of these experiments is as of now uncertain, but Apple's market may likely be more enthusiastic and may create wonders in the wearable tech market.