TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Back in June, LG attempted to penetrate the wearable devices market, announcing the G Watch, which was launched to compete neck to neck with Samsung's Gear Live intelligent watch. The LG G Watch was anticipated, but it wasn't well received and failed to win over consumer sentiments.
Now, after a span of two months, the South Korean giant LG has announced the G Watch R, a legitimate successor to the G Watch. This is LG's second attempt to capture the ever growing wearable watch segment, before the arrival of Motorola's Moto 360 and the much anticipated iWatch.
If you look at the design and hardware specs, the G Watch R is considerably way ahead compared to what others are offering. As we know, the watch is running on the Android Wear platform. But unlike LG's first-gen G Watch, the new wearable has a round circular display. In fact, the screen of the G Watch R is a 1.3-inch Plastic OLED display (P-OLED) with a resolution of 320 x 320-pixel resolution. The watch uses 100 % of the display, claims LG.
The G Watch R is powered by a 1.4GHz Snapdragon processor, coupled with 512MB of RAM and 4GB of on-board storage. The device offers a 410mAh battery fitted inside. The watch is designed to run for up to 30 minutes in one meter of water, thanks to IP67 ratings. A durable stainless steel case and an interchangeable leather strap enhance the overall look and feel of the G Watch R.
The LG-made G Watch R will be made available in key markets early in the fourth quarter of 2014. Pricing hasn't been announced yet.
Going by the early look, the G Watch R should be seen as an arch rival to the Moto 360 and Samsung's Gear S smartwatch. It is interesting to see at what price LG will launch the G Watch R in India. Stay tuned to GizBot for more updates!