TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
Microsoft Planning on Fitness Oriented Smartwatch: Will Enter Wearable Market Soon
Software giant Microsoft, which recently launched its Windows Phone 8.1 OS in India, is now planning to enter the wearable market. The market which is already been tried and tested by companies like Samsung, Sony, Pebble, and others will soon see Microsoft joining the bandwagon.
The software and tech giant has patented a smartwatch which highlights fitness tracing features. Filed back in Q4 2012, the patent clearly shows that the smartwatch comes with a removable display which can be fitted into a fitness tracker. This looks very much like the Gear Fit.
Very much like Samsung's Galaxy Gear Fit, the device also boasts of biometric sensors to measure heart rate along with other fitness-oriented features. It will also track a user's position and route via GPS.
The smartwatch will feature a touch display on its top surface and an optical light sensor on the bottom, where it will come into contact with the wearer's body and measure various exercise-related metrics, such as the wearer's heart rate, etc.
The patent filing also reveals a dock for the smartwatch which will be mostly used for charging or syncing the device.
Talking about the different features about the wearable device from Microsoft is that it can perform functions like to listen to music, set an alarm send messages and make phone calls.