- 2 hrs ago Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- 5 hrs ago Select Nokia smartphones get up to Rs. 6,000 discount but just for a day
- 9 hrs ago Honor 20 series to be available on Flipkart: Here are the details
- 10 hrs ago Oppo A9x goes official with 48MP primary rear camera and dewdrop notch display
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Automobiles Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Microsoft to launch new Surface hardware later this year
Microsoft is planning big for its Surface portfolio.
Microsoft seems to be gearing up to launch new Surface products. According to the comments made by company executives during its fiscal third quarter results conference, the company is planning new Surface devices for later this year.
Microsoft's Surface business saw a growth of 32 percent year-over-year, and the numbers are expected to grow even further in its fiscal fourth quarter and into fiscal 2019 starting July 1 due to an updated Surface hardware portfolio.
"We expect Surface revenue growth in the high teens as we continue to transition to the latest products in our portfolio," said Amy Hood, executive vice president and chief financial officer at Microsoft. She also said that the company saw better than expected performance from its latest Surface Book.
The company witnessed saw immense growth across the board in its fiscal third quarter, with its Azure-branded cloud platform on top with a 93 percent year-over-year growth. It is followed by Dynamics 365 that saw a 65-percent growth and Office 365 commercial with a 42 percent growth. Besides, LinkedIn also saw 37 percent growth. Microsoft's gaming division grew by 18 percent year-on-year, while the Xbox software and services alone saw a growth of 24 percent.
"Our results this quarter reflect the trust people and organizations are placing in the Microsoft Cloud," Nadella said in a press release. "We are innovating across key growth categories of infrastructure, AI, productivity, and business applications to deliver differentiated value to customers."
According to the company, LinkedIn sessions increased by 30 percent, leading to a 37 percent increase in revenue compared to the same quarter in fiscal 2017. In the same time Office 365 subscriptions reached 30.6 million which a 12 percent increase in the revenue.
News about new Surface hardware in coming months shouldn't come as a surprise. Microsoft's BUILD developer conference begins May 7, 2018 and could serve as a launchapad for upcoming Surface devices. The company is due to revamp its Surface Studio, Surface Laptop, Surface Book, and Surface Pro hardware. The company is also said to be working on some kind of a Surface Phone or Surface Notepad.
Microsoft is also on the verge of unveiling an AI-driven hardware according to company's AI and Research Group executive vice president, Harry Shum. The new product will be a part of company's vision to integrate AI into every product offered by Microsoft. Shum also says that these products will be "very, very exciting."