TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
Samsung To Introduce Mobile Payment Feature In Gear Smartwatch
The South Korean smartphone giant is planing to release its new Gear smartwatch in the second half of this year supporting the mobile payment feature, according to a report by Electronic Times, a Korean newspaper.
The company has not launched a new smartwatch quite some time now. As per the Gear SDK leaks, the next Gear samrtwatch could be named as Orbis, which will have a round watch face similar to the Moto 360. Furthermore Orbis will feature a metal crown and a metal frame with a 1.18 inch circular display.
The report also says that Samsung will make use of NFC to enable mobile payment on the smartwatch, similar to the technology used by Apple to support mobile payments in the Apple Watch.
However, Samsung has already confirmed that it will launch its payments service sometime in September this year and will be initially available in the U.S. and South Korea. Meanwhile, it is still unclear, if the smartwatch will be introduced at IFA 2015, a leading trade show for consumer electronics. On the other hand, it is expected that Samsung will make formal announcement reagarding the Samsung Pay at IFA 2015.