TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirbhaya Death Anniversary — A Timeline
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 3 — Full Updates
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- How To Use TRAI DND iOS App To Block Spam Calls
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Western Digital has unveiled the Western Digital Purple microSD card, purpose-built for the complex and dynamic data demands of modern surveillance cameras and edge systems. Optimized for 24/7 surveillance video capture, Western Digital Purple microSD card supports a continuous surveillance workload.
The card captures and preserves video in a variety of high-definition and next-generation formats, including 4K Ultra HD video, as well as nimbly supports the movement of data to core data systems for analytics and business insights. The humidity-resistant design of this new card enables trusted video capture in different environmental conditions, including outdoors in snowy winters and indoors in hot and humid factory settings.
Key highlights of the new microSD card include:
- Supports up to 1,000 PE Cycles
- In compatible cameras, a unique health monitor offers reporting capabilities to provide users and system installers valuable information, including the card's endurance and capacity status, enabling predictive maintenance and taking the "guesswork" out of when to service the card.
- Offers speeds of up to 80 MB/s sequential read and 50 MB/s sequential write and supports Speed Class 10 and UHS Speed Class 1.1
- Designed for use in temperatures ranging from -25°C to 85°C, it enables reliable video capture indoors and outdoors.
- Offered in capacities up to 64GB.
Previously the company also launched a new storage solution called the Black 3D NVMe, an SSD designed to run 4K and Ultra HD graphics with ease, and to provide seamless functionality to gamers and video producers.
The new Black 3D NVMe comes in three storage variants - 250GB, 500GB, and 1TB, but the top-end model offers the fastest speeds. The 250GB and 500GB models offer up to 3,400 MB/s reading, while the 1TB model claims to offer up to 2,800 MB/s write speed and 500,000 random-read IOPs for multi-threaded applications. As for the pricing, the 250GB, 500GB and the 1TB will hold a price tag of $120, $230 and $450, respectively and will be available through the e-commerce portals and other distributors.
The company also enabled real-time 4K and 8K workflows with three new professional-grade solutions in its G-Technology G-DRIVE and G-SPEED Shuttle product families. Working with large 4K and 8K RAW video means massive file sizes and is undoubtedly one of the largest pain points for content editors.