- 9 min ago Moto Razr 2019 Official Teaser Indicates Imminent Launch In India
- 17 min ago Why Mac Pro Costs More Than 1BHK Flat And Is It Justifiable?
- 30 min ago Reliance Jio Rolls Out VoWiFi Services In Nashik And Delhi: Report
- 33 min ago Google Pauses Chrome 79 Update After Complains Of App Data Loss
- Finance Deadline On Advance Tax Payment Extended For North Eastern States Amid Unrest In The Region
- News Delhi snatched everything away: Nirbhaya's parents seek time-bound justice
- Automobiles New Michelin Energy XM2+ Tyre Range Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5,090
- Sports Rumour Has It: Barcelona and Real Madrid eye Van de Beek
- Lifestyle Cuteness Alert: A Dog Teaching Human Baby To Crawl Will Melt Your Heart
- Movies Most-viewed Bollywood Trailers Of 2019: Kabir Singh And Housefull 4 Beat Prabhas's Saaho
- Travel 8 Classy Floating Restaurants In the World
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 2 and Mi Band 2 Launched at Rs. 1,999 and Rs. 9,999
September 2016 - Leading technology company Xiaomi announced today that it is bringing its very first smart home product to India, Mi Air Purifier 2. Priced at INR 9,999, Mi Air Purifier 2 is an intelligent product with smart features that make using it to clean the air simply effortless.
Mi Air Purifier 2 seamlessly connects to the cloud via Wi-Fi, enabled by the Mi Home app (Android and iOS), which acts as the central hub for a range of smart home products from Mi Ecosystem and other third-party companies. The "Mi Ecosystem" sub-brand covers a range of products manufactured by Xiaomi's ecosystem partners.
The Mi Home app transforms the smartphone into a remote for users to control Mi Air Purifier 2. When in Auto mode, the speed of the air purifier's motor is automatically adjusted according to the air quality - measured using built-in sensors - so users never have to worry about tweaking settings for clean air.
The Mi Home app also monitors the filter's lifespan and sends a reminder when it needs to be replaced.
With the launch of Mi Air Purifier 2 in India, Xiaomi is poised to play a part in increasing awareness about air pollution in India and how technology can be applied to better people's lives.
According to the World Health Organization, 22 of the world's 50 most polluted cities are in India, contributed significantly by industrial and vehicular exhaust. Particulate matter 2.5 (PM2.5) - air pollutants with a diameter of 2.5 microns or less - are small enough to enter even the smallest airways and could result in respiratory and cardiovascular illness.
To increase awareness about air pollution, Xiaomi has now become the first smartphone brand in India to integrate Air Quality Index (AQI) data - which also reflects the measurement of PM2.5 particles in the air - into its MIUI 8 Weather app.
Mi Air Purifier 2 quickly removes PM2.5 particles, dust, indoor plant pollen, pet fur and more. With its high 310m3/h CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate), Mi Air Purifier 2 takes just 10 minutes to circulate purified air in a 21m2 room.
Even so, the motor is extremely energy efficient with a low power consumption of 4.8W, while advanced aerodynamics reduce noise and wind resistance, resulting in a noise level as low as 30dB in Night mode.
The 360° cylindrical filter on Mi Air Purifier 2 takes in air more efficiently from every direction compared to conventional air purifiers. Its triple-layer design removes particles larger than 0.3 microns with a high-density EPA filter, while an activated carbon filter removes formaldehyde, bad odour and other harmful substances.
Hugo Barra, Vice President, Xiaomi, said: "Air pollution is becoming an alarming public health concern in India. It is heartening to see more conversation around the situation, but there is still a big gap when it comes to consumer awareness.
We believe that we are able to play a role in increasing awareness about air pollution by including AQI data into our MIUI Weather app, and by introducing Mi Air Purifier 2 to India. At this game-changing price, Mi Air Purifier 2 is set to disrupt the air purifier category in India, enabling us to bring these technological innovations to everyone."
Mi Air Purifier 2 will be available on Mi.com starting 26 September at 12 PM, at a price of INR 9,999. It will also be available on Flipkart (exclusive partner) from 2 October.
Here are some key features of Mi Air Purifier 2:
- Real-time AQI monitoring, Wi-Fi connectivity
- Mi Home app smart controls (Android and iOS)
- Aerodynamic air vortex, up to 37m2 (400 sq. ft.) coverage
- 310m3/h Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR)
- 360° triple-layer filter, removes harmful PM2.5 articles
- 4.8W energy saving, ultra-quiet 30dB noise level
- Compact form factor: 520mm tall and base area smaller than an A4 sheet of paper
- Replacement filter available online at INR 2,499
Mi Band 2: Time to step up
Following the overwhelming success of Mi Band and Mi Band Pulse, Xiaomi announced today that it is launching Xiaomi Mi Band 2 in India, priced at INR 1,999.
As per IDC's Q2 2016 Worldwide Quarterly Wearable Device Tracker, Mi Bands ranked number two by shipments in the worldwide wearables market, and Mi Band 2 is set to contribute further to this success.
Now equipped with an OLED display, Mi Band 2 still delivers excellent battery life of 20 days in a single charge - up to four times longer than similar fitness trackers. The OLED display lights up to show the time with a lift of the wrist, and tapping the button lets users view other information like steps taken and heart rate.
Mi Band 2 has a lightweight and slim design, is IP67 splash-resistant, and comes with a hypoallergenic silicone band. This means it can be worn almost all the time, making it the perfect workout partner and sleep tracking tool. For even more convenience, users can unlock their Android 5.0 (or later) smartphones instantly with Mi Band 2 when held close.
The device is compatible with the Mi Fit app, available on Android and iOS. Other than showing activity and sleep statistics, the app allows users to manage alarms and send incoming calls and app alerts, as well as reminders to move after sitting for too long.
Mi Band 2 will be available on Mi.com from 27 September at INR 1,999. It will also be available on Amazon (exclusive partner) from 30 September.
Here are some key features of Mi Band 2:
- Fitness, sleep and optical heart rate tracker
- OLED time display, 20-day battery
- In-depth stats via Mi Fit (Android and iOS app)
- Phone unlocking, call and app alerts
- IP67 splash-resistant; hypoallergenic silicone band