- 4 hrs ago More Oppo K9s Features Revealed Via Official Teasers; All You Need To Know
- 4 hrs ago Apple MusicVoice, HomePad mini, Apple MacBook Pro With M1 Pro And M1 Max Announced
- 5 hrs ago Apple ‘Unleashed’ Event Today: How And Where To Watch Livestream In India, What to Expect?
- 6 hrs ago Color OS 12 Hands-On Review: What’s Coming To Your Oppo & OnePlus Smartphones?
- News Maharashtra: Timings for restaurants, shops extended; Amusement parks to open from Oct 22
- Sports England set for T20I series in Barbados before Tests in Antigua and Grenada
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 SHOCKING! Donal Bisht & Vidhi Pandya Eliminated? All Housemates Sent To Jungle House?
- Education CBSE Term I Date Sheet 2021 Update: CBSE Class 10 And 12 Term I Date Sheet Released On CBSE.Gov.In Site
- Lifestyle Headphones, AirPods And Cancer: Is There A Link?
- Finance 4 Big Ipos Lined Up To Open For Public Subscription Soon
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
- Automobiles Citroen C3: Few Things You Should Know
Xiaomi Smart Glasses Announced With 5MP Camera, Built-In Mic: Competition To Facebook?
Xiaomi is further expanding its product portfolio with the launch of new smart glasses. Recently, Facebook introduced Ray-Ban Stories, a pair of smart glasses that can click pictures. The new Xiaomi smart glasses are capable of more than taking pictures, the company said during the launch. Here's everything you need to know about the new Xiaomi smart glasses.
Xiaomi Smart Glasses Announced
The Xiaomi packs a lightweight chassis and can do a couple of handy functions. For instance, this pair of smart glasses can display messages and other notifications. Xiaomi says the new smart glasses weigh 51 grams, which makes them heavier than Facebook's Ray-Ban Stores. Presently, the price and availability of the Xiaomi smart glasses haven't been disclosed.
Xiaomi Smart Glasses Features
The Xiaomi Smart Glasses draw power from the quad-core ARM processor and run Android. Despite the features it offers, Xiaomi says this is one of the most lightweight and stylish smart glasses. The smart glasses pack a simpler structure technology, enabled to create a compact display with individual pixels sized at 4μm.
When you take pictures on the 5MP camera on Xiaomi Smart Glasses, you won't be able to see it in color as it uses a monochrome display solution "to allow sufficient light to pass through complicated optical structures. This pair of smart glasses also use MicroLED imaging technology. To note, this technology has higher brightness and a longer lifespan than OLED.
"The refraction process involves bouncing light beams countless times, allowing the human eye to see a complete image, and greatly increasing usability while wearing. All this is done inside a single lens, instead of using complicated multiples lens systems, mirrors, or half mirrors as some other products do," Xiaomi says while unveiling the new smart glasses.
Xiaomi Smart Glasses: Uses And Benefits
Xiaomi says the new smart glasses are more than a secondary screen for your phone. The Xiaomi Smart Glasses alone can do a lot of things, independently. For instance, it can selectively show you the most important notifications, including smart home alarms or texts, or calls from important contacts. Plus, you can switch on the Maps via smart glasses while driving.
Plus, the Xiaomi smart glasses have a built-in mic and speaker, allowing you to even answer calls. Xiaomi says the mic will be able to pick up speech, which Xiaomi's proprietary translating algorithm can translate in real-time. Additionally, it has an indicator sensor to tell you when the camera is in use.
Xiaomi Smart Glasses Vs Facebook Ray-Ban Stories
Obviously, one might want to compare the features between the Xiaomi smart glasses and the recently announced Facebook Ray-Ban Stories. For one, the Ray-Ban Stories pack dual cameras and comes in 20 different styles to choose from. Xiaomi is yet to announce the different color or model options on its Smart Glasses.
Also, the Facebook Ray-Ban Stories is much more lightweight, offering similar functions like answering calls with an in-built mic. That said, the Facebook smart glasses are currently limited to the US, Australia, Canada, Ireland, Italy, and the UK markets. The Xiaomi Smart Glasses will likely cater to the Asian market as well as the American and European markets, having a wider reach.