TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
A new Android Mini PC, by the name of MK812, has been launched this month. The MK812 has the size of a USB thumb drive, but comes packed with an array of great features. Housing a 1.6 GHz dual core processor, the MK812 can be connected to a compatible TV to run Android applications. The device reportedly runs in the 4.1.2 version of Android Jelly Bean operating system.
What makes the MK812 different from other similar Android mini sticks is the fact that this device sports features like an external WiFi antenna, a built-in camera and a Bluetooth module. There are still a few mini Android PCs out there that packs all these features along with either quad core or dual core processors.
This wasn't the case last year, as all android mini sticks then, featured slower processors and lesser RAM. Other feature rich competitors of the MK812, however, suffered from poor Wireless reception.
The external antenna of the MK812 solves the issue, with better WiFi reception. The Rockchip RK3066 Cortex-A9 dual core CPU in MK812 is already known to be power efficient. With a Mali 400 GPU and a RAM of 2GB, the USB drive sized device also supports AirPlay, which is found only in Apple's devices so far.
MK812 also features an HDMI connector, 2 Megapixel camera and also supports Flash 11.x and HTML 5, reportedly. The device won't heat up fast thanks to the aluminum case. The 8 GB built-in storage capacity can be extended using memory cards. The INR price tag for MK812 is reported to be over Rs 5,000 and is yet to be confirmed.