TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
A new handy device has been announced by Portronics which would let users transform their PC or laptop in to a touch enabled device. The product is named ‘Handmate'. The new device has been unveiled to attract those users who would like to enjoy the Windows 8 user interface and benefits but cannot afford to buy one.
This handy device would help resolve this issue. Handmate would be made available for users in the Indian market from next week onwards at an affordable price tag of Rs.4.999. Users can buy this accessory from any of the major retail stores and online stores in India. However the exact date of release is not specified yet. The report surfaced atThinkDigit.
The touch input is embedded in the laptop or PC using advanced technologies such as ultrasound and infrared technologies. This is applied using an ultrasonic digital stylus at the same time captured by a receiving unit which is connected through Plug & Play USB in the PC. However the main drawback is its ability to span only up to a maximum of 17-inches. This makes it an ideal choice for laptops whereas less preferable for larger screen monitors.
Portronics Handmate is capable of providing touch sensitivity of up to 100 DPI along with accuracy of 0.2mm making it an ideal choice for users keen on their touchscreens. The stylus however runs functions on a pair of SR41 batteries. Pen's working and standby ratio is given as 1:9. The device is capable of delivering a total battery life of 500 hours of uninterrupted writing or hovering.
The sampling rate of the device is given as 58 samples per second. The company believes their latest device would appeal to the huge base of laptop users who would like to enjoy the latest touch screen interface of Windows 8 without investing in a new laptop.