- 10 min ago Week 29, 2019 Launch Roundup - Realme X, Realme 3i, Vivo Y7s, Samsung Galaxy A80 and more
- 1 hr ago Samsung Wireless Power Bank: Fast-Charging Comes To Power Banks
- 1 hr ago Samsung Galaxy S11 To Feature One UI 2.0 Wrapped Around Android Q
- 1 hr ago Huawei's Mystery Smartphone With Pop-Up Camera To Soon Hit Markets
- Finance ITR Filing To Be Extended Due ToThese Reasons
- News BJP govt using Section 144 to hide shortcomings: Mayawati
- Automobiles No Using Mobiles While Riding/Driving In Bangalore From 20th June — Hefty Fines Apply
- Education ICSI CS Foundation June Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On This Date
- Movies Leaving Salman Khan Behind, Shahid Kapoor Reacts To Uri & Kabir Singh Being The Most Liked Films
- Sports CoA stuns BCCI, Lodha asking India captain, coach to decide on WAG travel schedule
- Lifestyle Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Epson L6190 InkTank review: Printing made cheap and easy
Epson makes printing easy and cheaper with its L6190.
Back in January this year Epson announced the launch of five new A4 WiFi printers with integrated InkTank for the Indian market. The lineup includes - L4150, L4160 L6160, L6170, and L6190.
- Cheap printing cost
- Compact design
- Easy setup
- Sluggish print speed for color composites
We got a chance to use the L6190 that claims to offer a great value for money having a print rate at 12 paise for B&W and 20 paise for color composite. The printer comes with a compact design and integrates the InkTank into the printer, which is one of the most noticeable upgrades over the previous iterations.
The printers have ultra-high page yields of 7,500 B&W pages and 6,000 color pages for each complete set of 4 ink bottles. Also, the new Epson L-Series printers offer the smallest footprint amongst all brands of InkTank printers. Priced at Rs 24,099, is it worth shelling out your money? Let's find out in our review.
- Printer type: Print, Scan, Copy, Fax with ADF
- Print speed: Simplex: Up to 15 ipm / 8.0 ipm, Duplex: 6.5 ipm / 4.5 ipm
- Print resolution: 4800 x 1280 dpi
- Scan resolution: 1200 x 2400 dpi
- Weight: 6.8Kg
- Power: 12 watts
- Warranty: 1 year or 50,000 prints
Aesthetically, the Epson L6190 is a premium looking printer encased in a black shell, giving it a more professional look. The buttons complement the overall design and color scheme of the printer. The printer is actually lighter than it appears, it weighs 6.8kg and is pretty easy to carry or move around without any assistance.
Inside the package, you get a power cable, software CDs, USB cable, user manuals, warranty documents, and four refill ink bottles. The cabinet offers a small 2.2-inch Mono LCD backlit display alongside the control panel to make the job easier. Below that is the paper tray where you get the printouts from.
On the top, the printer has an auto document feed on top that feeds the documents automatically so the users don't need to change the paper repeatedly while scanning. This is one of the best feature of the printer making it really convenient and time-saving for the users. Overall, the printer qualifies as a good looking compact printer that fits well with the surroundings.
The Epson L6190 comes with built-in WiFi making the setup a breeze. The connection is very convenient in contrast to how the printers work. Other printers usually connect via a LAN cable. Since the L6190 doesn't require a LAN port, it is easy to place it anywhere in the house or office.
The wireless connectivity with portable smart devices works like a charm. Once the set up is complete, you are good to go without following any extra steps.
Printing and Spill-free refilling
Current generation printers usually print around 1500 pages per cartridge. The Epson L6190 claims to produce 7,500 monochrome prints, while you can get 6,000 colored prints. The black ink comes at a price of Rs 899, while the colored ink will cost you around Rs 400. Based on the price of the current ink cartridges and L6190's ink prices, Epson's price per print is cheaper.
The print quality is also impressive. The graphics printed on a plain paper came out with an ample amount of detail and saturated. Epson has offered us a new low-cost way of getting our digital photos printed at home.
Talking of the ink refill, the Epson L6190 the new InkTank systems which offer a transparent layover. This allows you to keep track of the ink and refill it before it runs out. The company has designed different grooves for each bottle to avoid accidental filling. The nozzle of a color's ink bottle will only fit its own ink tank, so you won't refill an ink tank with the wrong ink.
The new refilling system makes sure that the users do not accidentally spill the ink. The ink won't come out even if you turn the bottle upside down. It only comes out after you fit it into the respective nozzle. We tried fitting the black bottle into the yellow nozzle but doesn't fit. You just have to leave to bottle on top of the nozzle and it'll stop once the ink tank is full.
Overall, the Epson L6190 InkTank printer ticks almost all the boxes you look for in an ideal printer. With the InkTank concept, Epson has opened new doors for cheap printing and ditch the expensive cartridges. The printer offers several features that are worth putting your money on.
For basic printing needs, we must say that the Epson L6190 is a good bargain for anyone who wants hassle-free printing with less-fuss. Its ability to print photos and documents wirelessly makes it even more useful and handy. The L6160 printer is designed for office use but is well suited to home use as well.
In our opinion, the L6190 is a worthy competitor with pro-level features under its belt. If you are someone looking for a new printer that requires less maintenance and offers cheap prints, then this is what you buy.