TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Why Pakistan’s Action Against JeM Is An Eye-Wash, Insufficient
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Series To Sport Steam PC Game Streaming
- Bajaj Discover 110 Launched With CBS At Rs 52,273
- La Liga Preview: Barçelona Face Stiff Sevilla Test As Battles Up And Down The Table Heats Up
- Small And Midcap Stocks Could Deliver Abnormal Gains
- The Story Of Lubdhaka And Lord Shiva
- Kangana Ranaut Caught Riding A Fake Horse During Manikarnika
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
Samsung Gear 2 Solo Smartwatch With Cellular Capabilities Spotted Online
It hasn't been long since the South Korean smartphone maker launched its latest wearable devices. To be precise, it was just at the Mobile World Congress 2014, where the company actually unveiled its second generation of wearables along with the fitness device called Gear Fit.
But today a new device dubbed as Gear 2 Solo has been listed on Indian import/export tracking website Zauba. The wearable device has, in fact, been sent to Bangalore, India for R&D purpose and the site clearly shows the pricing of the device at Rs. 12,292.
Samsung had, in fact, filed for the Samsung Gear Solo and Samsung Gear Now trademarks last month and here the signs of "in the making" and yet to be launched has already been seen. Samsung Gear 2 Solo. also known by the model number SM-R710, according to earlier rumors from Korean media, would have a built-in SIM card or USIM (Universal Subscriber Identity Module) to use it as a standalone mobile device.
However, reports later suggested that the upcoming wearable device from the maker of Galaxy S5 would initially be released in Korea in partnership with the local operator SK Telecom. Global roll-out of the device will follow later.
The best part of the Gear 2 Solo would be that it is a standalone gadget, so it will function even without the being connected with the parent device or smartphone. It will most probably be based on Tizen OS, very much like the the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo smartwatches. However, Samsung is also said to have plans to launch its first Android Wear Smartwatch later this year.